1. Research scope in pavement engineering, (September 23, 2019), Challenges of Civil Engineering Infrastructure in 21st Century, September 23-24, 2019, Department of Civil Engineering, HBTU.
2. Imaging studies on asphalt binder, aggregates and asphalt mix, (July 12, 2019), Civil Engineering Department, University of Minnesota Duluth.
3. Basic principles of pavement analysis and design and innovations in pavement materials and design, (November 9, 2018), Workshop on Innovative Construction Materials for Roads & Buildings, November 9-13, 2018, Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Silchar, Silchar.
4. Pothole generation and its propagation (September 11, 2018), Workshop on Pothole Prevention and Treatment Science, Technology and Practice, September 11, 2018, Department of Civil Engineering, IISc Bangalore, Bangalore.
5. Some studies on characterization of aggregates (July 12, 2018), Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames.
6. Imaging studies on aggregates and asphalt mix - from microscope to camera (July 10, 2018), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Michigan State University.
7. Pavement design practice in India and comparison with other guidelines with special reference to the U.S. practice, (June 27, 2018), SPIC-ODOT Workshop, ODOT Commission Room, Oklahoma City.
8. (i) Pavement failures and evaluation, and (ii) Principles of bituminous mix design (expert talks) (April 19, 2018), Pavement Geotechnics for Urban Infrastructure (PGUI-2018), IITRAM Ahmedabad, April 19-20, 2018.
9. Design and construction of pavements - current trends and future, (invited speaker) (February 17, 2018, National Conference on Advances in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Tezpur University, Tezpur, February 16-17, 2018.
10. Innovations in pavement design (December 8, 2017), Lucknow Conference on New Technology for Road Construction, BBA University, Lucknow, December 8-9, 2017.
11. Emerging trends in pavement engineering research (keynote lecture I), (October 28, 2017), All India Seminar on Innovations and challenges in materials and construction, October 28-29, 2017, The Institution of Engineers (India), Kanpur Center and Department of Civil Engineering, HBTU, Kanpur.
12. Imaging studies on aggregates and asphalt mix - from microscope to camera (session keynote 1) (July 21, 2017), International Conference on Advances in Highway Engineering & Transportation Systems, University of Moratuwa, July 21, 2017, Hotel Jetwing Blue, Negombo.
13. Imaging studies on aggregates and asphalt mix - from microscope to camera (July 4, 2017), Road and Pavement Engineering Division, TU-Darmstadt, Darmstadt.
14. Emerging trends in pavement engineering research, Department of Civil Engineering, MNNIT Allahabad, March 31, 2017.
15. Stresses in concrete pavement (December 20, 2016), 12th International Conference on Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries (TPMDC), December 19-21, 2016, IIT Bombay.
16. Recycling of asphalt pavements - some research challenges (keynote address) (March 11, 2016), Conference on Sustainable Asphalt Pavement for Developing Countries (CONSAP), March 11-12, 2016, CRRI, New Delhi.
17. Emerging trends in pavement engineering research, NIT Patna, September 4, 2015.
18. Principles of asphalt pavement design - current practice and future (July 3, 2015), (ii) Pavement Engineering research I do at IIT Kanpur (July 7, 2015), Highway Engineering Research Group, Research Institute on Transportation and Territory, Universitat Politecnica de Valencia.
19. Studies in frequency domain for characterization of aggregate shape and road surface, and (ii) Principles of asphalt pavement design, (May 19, 2015) Central Road Research Institute, New Delhi.
20. Principles of flexible pavement design (January 8, 2015), principles of pavement evaluation (January 8, 2015), principles of overlay design (January 9, 2015), Training programme on Design, Construction and Maintenance of Roads, Transportation Engineering Research Centre, College of Engineering, January 7-9, 2015, Trivandrum.
21. Analysis of concrete pavement (December 16, 2014), Analysis of bituminous pavement (December 16 and 17, 2014), Backcalculation of pavement material properties (December 17, 2014), Short Term Course on Recent Advances in Highway Design and Construction, Department of Civil Engineering, December 15-19, 2014, IIT Delhi.
22. Sustainability considerations in pavement design, (keynote lecture) (October 18, 2014) International Conference on Sustainable Civil Infrastructure (ICSCI-2014), ASCE-India Section and Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Hyderabad, Hyderabad, October 17-18, 2014.
23. Analysis of pavement structures, Part I (August 21, 2014) and Part II (September 25, 2014), Central Road Research Institute, New Delhi.
24. Some interesting results on angle of repose of aggregates and asphalt mix, (Kumar, A., Rehan, S. A., and Das, A.) (July 10, 2014), Road and Pavement Engineering Division, Technical University of Darmstadt.
25. Pavement Engineering research I do, (July 3, 2014), Department of Civil Engineering, Aalto University.
26. Principles of asphalt pavement design - current practice and future (May 28, 2014), Workshop on Advances in Bituminous Pavement in Transportation Sector, May 27-28, 2014, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur.
27. Pavement Engineering Research I do, (May 17, 2014), Intercontinental Consultants and Technocrats Private Limited, New Delhi.
28. Choosing the best layer thickness combination in asphalt pavement design, (April 7, 2014), Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay, Mumbai.
29. Recycled asphalt pavements: pavement design issues, (keynote address), (January 15, 2014), National Seminar on Recycling of Bituminous Pavements, January 15-16, CSIR-CRRI, New Delhi, 2014.
30. Tutorial on Asphalt mix design: The state-of-the-art, (December 12, 2013), 2nd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India, Jaypee Palace Hotel & International Convention Centre, Agra, December 12-15, 2013.
31. Tutorial on Analysis of Pavements, (December 12, 2013), 2nd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India, Jaypee Palace Hotel & International Convention Centre, Agra, December 12-15, 2013.
32. Innovative concrete pavements, (October 27, 2013 and February 20, 2015), A Short Term Training Programme for Engineers of Rural Engineering Service, October 25-27, 2013 and February 16-20, 2015, Department of Civil Engineering, HBTI Kanpur.
33. Reduction of asphalt pavement design thickness with new, alternative and innovative materials, (March 20, 2013), National Workshop on New and Alternative Pavement Materials, March 20-21, 2013, CSIR-CRRI, New Delhi.
34. Reliability considerations in structural design of asphalt pavements, (December 03, 2012), Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Michigan State University.
35. Pavement Engineering Research at IIT Kanpur, India, (October 19, 2012), Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
36. Preliminary constituent proportioning for recycled asphalt mix, (Das A. and Krishnaswamy, A.), (October 18, 2012), Rhode Island Transportation Research Center, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Rhode Island.
37. An optimum design of layer thicknesses for asphalt pavements, (October 17, 2012), Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
38. Optimum thickness design for asphalt pavements, The Kent Seminar Series, (September 6, 2012), Illinois Center for Transportation and Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
39. Reliability of bituminous mix design - a case study for Marshall method, (June 26, 2012), Fachgebiet Straβenwesen, Technical University of Darmstadt,.
40. Principles of bituminous mix design (April 16, 2012) and Principles of bituminous pavement design (April 17, 2012), Workshop on advances in Transportation Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, April 16-18, 2012, NIT Silchar.
41. How to build good roads? (January 3, 2012), Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Durgapur.
42. Concrete pavements for low volume roads, (August 27, 2011, September 23, 2011 and July 26, 2013 (keynote lecture)), A Short Term Training Programme for Engineers of Rural Engineering Service, August 25-27, 2011, September 22-24, 2011 and July 26-28, 2013, Department of Civil Engineering, HBTI Kanpur.
43. Cement concrete pavements, (Keynote lecture), (August 25, 2011), A Short Term Training Programme for Engineers of Rural Engineering Service, August 25-27, 2011, Department of Civil Engineering, HBTI Kanpur.
44. NPTEL course on Advanced Transportation Engineering, National workshop on deployment and use of NPTEL courses, August 20, 2011.
45. Pavement engineering research at IIT Kanpur, Fachgebiet Straβenwesen, Technical University of Darmstadt, June 10, 2011.
46. Structural design of pavements with stabilized layers, Seminar on New Materials in Road Construction for Stabilized Pavements, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, March 01, 2011.
47. Principles of asphalt pavement design - a discussion, (October 20, 2010), Conference on Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation & Urban Planning, CiSTUP, IISc Bangalore, October 18-20, 2010.
48. How to build good roads? (October 5, 2010), IGS Local Chapter, SGSITS, Indore
49. Innovative materials for asphalt pavements, (keynote lecture), (October 1, 2010), All India Seminar on Advances in Materials & Techniques in Construction, The Institution of Engineers (India), U.P. State Centre & Kanpur Local Centre, IIT Kanpur, October 1-2, 2010.
50. In quest of an optimal pavement design, (July 31, 2010), Indo-US Workshop on Highway and Airport Pavement Engineering: Challenges and Opportunities, IIT Kharagpur, July 30-31, 2010.
51. Pavement design using recycled asphalt, Sustainable asphalt construction and maintenance technologies: a road to a green future, New Delhi, June 24, 2010.
52. Interpretation of falling weight deflectometer data, Seloflex World Conference, New Delhi, February 5, 2010.
53. Why roads fail?, Siddhananda Memorial Lecture, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, December 18, 2009.
54. Design principles for design of bituminous pavement with stabilized/ cemented layer, National Workshop on Stabilization of Soil and Granular Layers for Pavements, PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh, October 24, 2009.
55. Perpetual pavements : innovations in pavement design, (keynote lecture), (September 19, 2009), Civil Engineering Conference - Innovations Without Limits, September 18-19, 2009, NIT Hamirpur, Hamirpur.
56. Pavement engineering research at IIT Kanpur, NTEC, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Nottingham, July 17, 2009.
57. Disaster management and mitigation related issues related to road infrastructure, (March 20, 2009), Workshop on disaster management and mitigation, HBTI, March 16-21, 2009, Kanpur.
58. Do we know how to build roads? National Seminar in Geotechnical Engineering for applications in pavement, embankment and retaining wall constructions, IT-BHU, November 13, 2008, Varanasi.
59. Aggregate shape characterization for bituminous mixes, National Seminar in Geotechnical Engineering for applications in pavement, embankment and retaining wall constructions, IT-BHU, November 13, 2008, Varanasi.
60. Design of bituminous pavements for airports, CRRI-SHELL workshop on Future Technologies in Bituminous Construction for Highways and Airfield Pavements, October 27, 2007, New Delhi.
61. Pavement Engineering research at IIT Kanpur, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo, June 27, 2007, Waterloo.
62. Principles of bituminous pavement design and the recent trends, (April 25, 2007), Short term course on Pavement Engineering with Geosynthetics : Looking Ahead, IIT Delhi, New Delhi.
63. Some current issues related to design and maintenance of road pavements, (April 01, 2007), 2nd NatFOE Symposium, IIT Delhi, March 31 - April 01, 2007, New Delhi.
64. On mechanistic-empirical asphalt pavement design, Indo-US Workshop on Recent Advances in Transportation Engineering, January 12, 2007, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai.
65. Some basics of bituminous mix design and pavement design, PMGSY training programme, November 25, 2006, Department of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering & Technology, Bhubaneswar.
66. Pavements - more mechanistic than empirical!, (November 20, 2006), 67th IRC Annual Session, November 17-21, 2006, Panchkula.
67. A revisit to aggregate shape parameters, Workshop on aggregates - flakiness and elongation indices (WSOA-2006), CRRI, June 13, 2006, New Delhi.
68. Optimization of pavement design, 66th IRC Annual Session, November 11, 2005, Bhubaneswar.
69. Cold in-place recycling with bitumen emulsion, Indo-Belarus Seminar on Bitumen Emulsion and Cold Mix Technologies, CRRI, October 19, 2005, New Delhi.
70. Micromechanical analysis of asphalt mix, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, July 19, 2005, Chennai.
71. Chances that a bituminous mix design will meet specifications, L&T ECC (Transportation Infrastructure Sector), November 05, 2004, Chennai.
72. Emerging materials in highway engineering and their innovative applications, National Conference on Materials and Their Applications in Civil Engineering, August 26-27, 2004, NIT Hamirpur, Hamirpur.
73. Emerging Construction Materials, Short term course on building material testing laboratory, Institute of Research Development and Training, June 25, 2003 and November 5, 2003, Kanpur.
74. Fatigue testing machine for bituminous mixes, Workshop on computer-based data acquisition and control for automation of Civil Engineering laboratories, April 7-8, 2003, IIT Kanpur.
75. Modern trends in bituminous mix design jointly with IIT Roorkee, IRC Annual Session, January 03 to 06, 2003, Guwahati.
76. Chances that a bituminous mix design will meet specifications, IIT Roorkee, December 24, 2002, Roorkee.
77. Some considerations in bituminous mix design awaiting implementation in highway construction, (May 02, 2002), International Training Program on Highway Engineering - New Technologies in Highway Construction and Contract Management, Consultancy Development Center (CDC) and New Zealand Institute of Highway Technology (NziHT): May 02-04, 2002, New Delhi.
78. Pavement engineering research at IIT Kanpur, Facgebiet Strassenwesen mit Versuchsanstalt, Technical University of Darmstadt, October 2001, Germany.
79. Evolution of mechanistic pavement design for Indian conditions, (November 06, 2000), IRC Annual Session, November 04-07, 2000, Calcutta.