|Arun Kumar Chair Professor
| Electrical Engineering
| IIT Kanpur
||Dept. of Electrical Engineering
|Chairman SSPC (2018-2019)
| Qualcomm Innovation Fellow (2022-Present)
| PK Kelkar Fellow (2012-2015, 2015-2018)
||Uttar Pradesh - 208016
| Associate Editor: Sadhana
|| Tel : +91-512-2597494
- My research is in the area of 5G and 6G Wireless Technologies
- 6G: OTFS Modulation, Terahertz, Visible Light Communication (VLC), Intelligent Reflecting Surface (IRS) Technology
- 5G: Massive MIMO, mmWave MIMO, Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access (NOMA), Filter-Bank Multi-Carrier (FBMC) Systems
- I supervise the Multimedia Wireless Networks Lab.
For the latest news and information on 5G/ 6G technology, follow us on our social media sites!
IIT Kanpur PYTHON and MATLAB/OCTAVE-Based Winter Training Schools in
5G Wireless Technologies
3rd December, 2022 to 3rd February, 2023
Prof. Aditya K. Jagannatham has been awarded the prestigious Arun Kumar Chair Professorship at IIT Kanpur for 2022-25
Team of Mr. Meesam Jafri, Dr. Suraj Srivastava, under the supervision of Prof. Aditya K. Jagannatham has won the prestigious Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship (QIF) 2022!
Phd student Suraj Srivastava, has been awarded the Outstanding PhD Thesis Award by IIT Kanpur for the year 2022. Hearty congrats Suraj!
Our lab alumnus Dr. Apoorva Chawla joins the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) as a Post-Doctoral Research Scholar. NTNU is one of the best public research universities in Norway. Hearty congrats Apoorva!
Our paper on "OTFS Transceiver Design and Sparse Doubly-Selective CSI Estimation in Analog and Hybrid Beamforming Aided mmWave MIMO Systems", has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
Our paper on "Sparse Bayesian Learning Aided Estimation of Doubly-Selective MIMO Channels for Filter Bank Multicarrier Systems", has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Communications
Our paper on "SWIPT-enabled Cognitive Overlay-Based Non-Orthogonal Multi-User MIMO Cooperative Communication with Battery-Equipped Energy Harvesting Nodes", has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
Our lab alumnus Dr. Naveen K.D. Venkategowda joins Linköping University, Sweden, as as Assistant Professor in the Department of Science and Technology (ITN). Linköping University is one of the top Public universities in Sweden. Hearty Congrats Dr. Naveen!
Our lab alumnus Dr. Ankit Kudeshia joins the Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R) at A*STAR Singapore as Scientist-I for his Post-Doctoral Research. A*STAR Singapore is one of the top labs in the world dedicated to fostering world-class scientific research. Hearty Congrats Ankit!
Our paper on "Centralized and Distributed Millimeter Wave Massive MIMO based Data Fusion with Perfect and Bayesian Learning (BL)-based Imperfect CSI", has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Communications
Our paper on "Bayesian Learning Aided Simultaneous Row and Group Sparse Channel Estimation in Orthogonal Time Frequency Space Modulated MIMO systems", has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Communications
Our paper on "Bayesian Learning Aided Sparse Channel Estimation for Orthogonal Time Frequency Space Modulated Systems", has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
Our paper on "Distributed Detection for Centralized and Decentralized Millimeter Wave Massive MIMO Sensor Networks", has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- Current Semester: EE670A - Wireless Communication
Prof KR Sarma Distinguished Lecture at IIT Kanpur
Book on Modern 3G/ 4G Wireless Technologies
- PRINCIPLES OF MODERN WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS
- Published by McGraw-Hill Education
Videos of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on Wireless Communications
- Applied Linear Algebra for Signal Processing, Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
- Applied Optimization for Wireless, Machine Learning, Big-Data.
- Principles of Signals and Systems.
- Principles of Communication Systems - Part I.
- Principles of Communication Systems - Part II.
- Principles of Modern CDMA/ MIMO/ OFDM Wireless Communications
- Estimation for Wireless Communications - MIMO/ OFDM Cellular and Sensor Networks.
- Bayesian/ MMSE Estimation for Wireless Communications.
- Strategy: An Introduction to Game Theory
- Probability and Random Variables/ Processes for Wireless Communications.
- Advanced 3G & 4G Wireless Mobile Communications.
- Introduction to Wireless Communication Theory: Video Lecture 1, Video Lecture 2.
- BSNL-IITK Telecom Center of Excellence (BITCOE @ IIT Kanpur)