Professor Sekhar Kumar Chakrabarti
Department of Civil Engineering
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Graduate Academic Scholarship of University
of Arizona, USA
- Recipient of the following awards on the
basis of the performance in B.E. (Civil Engineering) Examination,
- University Gold Medal and a Cash Prize
- S.M. Gosh Memorial Gold Medal
- Late K.M. Basu and Krishna Bhamini Basu Gold Medal,
- Sibley Scholarship (1974) to undergo studies/training
in UK (Could not Avail due to personal reasons)
- Slater Memorial Medal
- Old Centralian Medal
- Strength of Materials, Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machinery
- Tau Beta Pi (Engineering National Honor Society,
U.S.A) honor in recognition of exhibiting distinguished scholarship
and exemplary character while a student at University of Arizona
- Member, Technical Program Committee/Advisory
Committee for the Second International Conference on Advanced
Reactors Safety, U.S.A. , 1997.
- Invited speaker, Seminar on "Shear
and Attachment Effects on the Behavior of Rectangular Plates
Resting on Tension less Elastic Foundation" in the Department
of Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo , Canada , 1994.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Department
of Civil Engineering, Institute of Engineering , Tribhuvan
University , Nepal , 1998
- Research Guide of Mr. Praveen Kumar, Lecturer,
Department of Civil Engineering, Engineering College , Kota
(Rajasthan) India for his research work under "Young
Scientist Fellowship" Scheme of the Department of Science
& Technology, Rajasthan ( India ) During May-July, 1998.
- Technical Advisor, Public Service Commission,
Uttar Pradesh , India .
- Invited Key Speaker in the Work Shop on
the Concrete Material and Containment Structure of the 15
th International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor
Technology, Seoul , Korea , August, 1999.
- Chaired the technical session 'Mock-ups
and Structural Integrity Tests' in the 15 th International
Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology,
Seoul , Korea , August, 1999.
- Expert for selection of faculty members for the Department
of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics, Barkatullah University
, Bhopal, India .
- Expert, Selection of Council of Scientific
and Industrial Research (India) Young Scientist Award 2000.
- Expert, National Board of Accreditation
- Visiting Professor, School of Civil Engineering
Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand 2002
- Recipient of Congratulatory Letter from
the Chairman Academic Senate, Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur for extra-ordinary performance in teaching in the 2003-04-II
Semester in Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- Recipient of Congratulatory Letter from the Chairman, Academic Senate, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur for excellent performance in teaching in the 2014-15-II Semester in Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- Expert for review of Sponsored Research Project
Proposals for funding by Department of Science & Technology,
Government of India.
- Member, Academic Advisory Council, I.E.C.
College of Engineering & Technology, Greater Noida, India.
- Expert for review of sponsored research project proposals
for funding by National Research Foundation,South Africa.
- Co-Chaired the session "Mechanics of Advanced Materials"
in the international conference on Advanced concrete Materials,Stellenbosch,South
Africa, 17-19 November,2009.
- Key Speaker,1st international seminar on "Nanotechnology
for Structural-Diagnostics" School of Civil Engineering,
Surveying and Construction, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban,
South Africa, 17 March,2009.
- Mentored top final year Civil |Engineering students of University
of KwaZulu-Natal,South Africa for their participation (on invitation)
in Southern African Institute of Steel Construction Award
2010, and attended(on invitation),Gauteng,South Africa,2010.
- Invited Speaker, Symposium on Fatigue, Fracture and Integrity Assessment (FFIA-2012) held in Jamshedpur(India) on 4-5 May 2012, Organised by TATA STEEL, Limited and CSIR National Metallurgical Laboratory(India).
- Member of the Editorial Boards of the following Journal:
- Recent Trends in Civil Engineering & Technology, STM Journals, India.
- Advisor, Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi, India.
- Expert for selection of faculty members in Civil Engineering, Dayalbagh Educational Institute (Deemed University), Agra, India.
- Expert for selection of faculty members in Civil Engineering, Adamas University, Kolkata, India.
- Chief Guest of the Valedictory Function, Earthquake Engineering Literature Survey Workshop for PG students from Engineering Colleges across India at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur during 04-13 June, 2015 organised by National Information Centre of Earthquake Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India.
- Member, Advisory Committee, International Conference on "Concrete - Vision for Humanity", March 2016, Organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Ranganathan Engineering College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Invited Lecture on "Structural Connections", March 2016, Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar, India
- Expert for selection of faculty members in Civil Engineering, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, India
- Chaired the session on 'Social Sciences and Architecture' in the 'World Multidisciplinary Civil Engineering - Architecture - Urban Planning Symposium - WMCAUS' held in June 2016 in Prague (Czech Republic)
- Invited Lecture, October 2016, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Patna, Bihar, India.
- Expert for selection of Executive Engineer, Officer on Special Duty (Estate) and Engineer at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha, India.