Dr. Santanu De, Associate Professor
Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur
· Specialization: Propulsion, Combustion
· Advisor: Prof. K.N. Lakshmisha
· Dissertation: "Modeling and Computation of Turbulent Nonreacting and Reacting Sprays"
· Specialization: Fluid and Thermal Science
· Advisor: Prof. Gautam Biswas, Prof. B.V. Rathish Kumar
· Dissertation: "Finite Element Analysis of Flow and Heat Transfer in a Complex ADSS Geometry"
Research Associate (Nov 2013 - Dec 2014): Institute for Combustion Technology (ITV), University of Stuttgart, Germany
Research Associate (Aug 2011 - Jul 2013): Mechanical Engineering - Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University, USA
Scientist/Engineer SC (Jul 2004 - Jul 2005), Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, Indian Space Research Organization, Valiamala, Trivandrum, Kerala, INDIA.
Awards and Honors:
Early Career Research Award from DST-SERB
Recipient of the National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) from All India Council for Technical Education Jan 2006 - Dec 2008.
Best commended paper award for the journal article Simulation of laminar flow in a three-dimensional lid-driven cavity by lattice Boltzmann method from Emerald (International Journal for Numerical methods for heat and fluid flow)