Structural Dynamics and Vibration
Structural Health Monitoring
Probabilistic Safety Assessment
Instability in Structures
Ph.D in Engineering Mechanics (February 2009)
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
On- Wavelet-based Spatio-Temporal Multiscaling Grade Point Average (GPA): 4.0/4.0
Advisors: Prof. George N. Frantziskonis and Prof. Pierre Deymier
M.Tech in Structural Engineering (July 2005)
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
On- Time Dependent Reliability of Orthotropic Deck Bridge
Grade Point Average (CGPA): 9.57/10.0
B.E in Civil Engineering (July 2003)
Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah, India
Percentage Marks: 78.8%
Department of Civil Engineering (April 2010 - September 2010)
University of California, Irvine, USA
On- Wireless Sensor Based Damage Detection of Pipeline Network
Advisor: Prof. Masanobu Shinozuka
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (February 2009-March-2010)
University of California, Irvine, USA
On- Lattice Type Modeling of Self-healing Materials
Advisor: Prof. Satya N. Atluri
37. Pandey D. K., Mishra S. K., Moving orifice Circular Liquid Column Damper for Controlling Torsionally Coupled Vibrations, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 82,357-374, 2018.
36. Riya C. George, Mishra S. K., Dwivedi M., Mahalanobis Distance among the Phase Portraits as Damage Feature, Journal of Structural Health Monitoring,17,4, 2018.
35. Gur S., Frantziskonis G. N., Mishra S. K. Thermally Modulated Shape Memory Alloy Friction Pendulum (tmSMA-FP) for Substantial Near-fault Earthquake Structure Protection, Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 24,11,2017.
34. Bhowmick S., Mishra S. K., Ferrous SMA (FNCATB) based Superelastic Friction Bearing Isolator (S-FBI) Subjected to Pulse type Ground Motions, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 100, 34-48, 2017.
33. Riya C. George, Mishra S. K., Structural Interrogation using Phase Space Topology Changes of the Wind Induced Responses, Journal of Vibration and Control, 1077546317701661, 2017.
32. Riya C. George, Paul B., Mishra S. K., Phase Space Interrogation of Empirical Response Modes for Seismically Excited Structures, Mechanical System and Signal Processing,91, 250-265, 2017.
31. Roy B. K., Chakraborty S., Mishra S. K., Seismic Vibration Control of Bridges with Excessive Isolator Displacements, Earthquakes and Structures, 10, 6, 1451-1465, 2016.
30. Rajesh S., Babel K., Mishra S. K., Reliability Based Assessment of the Municipal Solid Waste Landfill Slope, Journal of Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste Management, ASCE. 21(2), 2017.
29. Bhowmick S., Mishra S. K., FNCATB Superelastic Damper for Seismic Vibration Mitigation, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures. 1-16, 2016, doi: 0.1177/1045389X15620039
28. Gur S., Mishra S. K., Roy K., Stochastic Seismic Response of Building with Super-elastic Damper, Mechanical System and Signal Processing, 72, 642-659, 2016.
27. Mishra S. K., Gur S., Chakraborty S., Stochastic response of bridge isolated by Shape-Memory-Alloy-Rubber Bearing subjected to Random Earthquakes, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, 04015071, 2015.
26. Shinozuka M., Ray Chaudhuri S., Mishra S. K., Shape-Memory-Alloy Supplemented Laminated-Rubber-Bearing (SMA-LRB) for Seismic Isolation, Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics , 41, 34-45, 2015.
25. Gur S., Mishra S. K., Frantziskonis G. N. Thermo-mechanical strain rate dependent behavior of SMAs as vibration dampers and comparison to conventional dampers, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, doi: 10.1177/1045389X15588628, 2015.
24. Roy S., Mishra S. K., Chakraborty S., Performance of alternative Wavelet basis for feature based damage detection in structures, Life Cycle Reliability and Safety Engineering, 1, 4, 29-37, 2015.
23. Gur S., Roy K., Mishra S. K., Tuned Liquid Column Ball Damper for Seismic Vibration Control, Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring. doi: 10.1002/stc.1740, 2015
22. Gur S., Mishra S. K., Bhowmick S., Chakraborty S., Compliant Liquid Column Damper Modified By Shape Memory Alloy Device for Seismic Vibration Control, Journal of Smart Materials and Structures, 23, 105009, 2014, Institute of Physics.
21. Das S., Gur S., Mishra S. K., Chakraborty S., Optimal Performance of Base Isolated Building Considering Limitation on Excessive Isolator Displacement, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 11(7), 904-917, 2015.
20. Gur S., Mishra S. K., Chakraborty S., Stochastic Optimization of Shape-Memory-Alloy- Rubber-Bearing (SMARB) for Isolating Buildings against Random Earthquake, Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 21, 9, 1222-1239, 2014.
19. Das S., Mishra S. K. Optimal Performance of Buildings Isolated by Shape-Memory-Alloy-Rubber-Bearing under Random Earthquakes, International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics, 15,3, 2014.
18. Mishra S. K., Gur S., Chakraborty S. "An improved Tuned Mass Damper (SMA-TMD) by Shape-Memory-Alloy Spring," Journal of Smart Materials and Structures, Institute of Physics, 22, 9, 2013.
17.Gur S., Mishra S. K., "Multi-objective Stochastic-Structural-Optimization of Shape-Memory-Alloy assisted Pure-Friction Bearing for Isolating Building against Random Earthquakes," Soil Dynamics and earthquake Engineering,54,(1-16), 2013.
16. Gur S., Mishra S. K., Chakraborty S., "Performance Assessment of Building Isolated by Shape-Memory-Alloy-Rubber-Bearing (SMARB) and Conventional Elastomeric Bearing under Near-fault Earthquakes," Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 21,4,449-465, 2013.
15. Mishra S. K., Roy B. K., Chakraborty S. “Reliability-Based-Design-Optimization of Base Isolated Buildings Considering Stochastic System Parameters Subjected to Random Earthquakes, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 75, 123-133, 2013.
14. Mishra S. K. and Chakraborty S. “Performance of base isolated building subjected to stochastic earthquake considering system parameter uncertainty”, International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, 18 (1), 7-19, 2013.
13. Roy B. K., Chakraborty S., Mishra S. K. “Robust optimum design of base isolation system in seismic vibration control of structures under uncertain bounded system parameters”, Journal of Vibration and Control, 20, 2014, 20(5),786-800.
12. Mishra S. K. and De A. “Coupling of reaction and hydrodynamics around a reacting block modeled by Lattice Boltzmann Method (LBM)”, Computers and Fluids, 71, 30, 91-97, 2013.
11. De A., and Mishra S. K. "Simulation of Chemical Reactions Induced by Droplet in a Phase Seperating Media Using Lattice Boltzmann-kinetic Monte Carlo framework", Computers and Fluids, 89,133-142, 2014.
10. Mishra S. K., Paik J. K., Atluri S. N., ‘‘Modeling of the Inhibition-Mechanism Triggered by ‘Smartly’ Sensed Interfacial Stress Corrosion and Cracking’’, Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences, 1427,1,1-30, 2009.
9. Mishra S.R., Mishra S.K. “Probabilistic Simulation of orthotropic-deck Bridge under random live load” Journal of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 15, 1,139-160, 2010.
8. Mishra S. K., Deymier P. A., Muralidharan K., Frantziskonis G., Simunovic S., Pannala S., “ Modeling the Coupling of Reaction Kinetics and Hydrodynamics in a Collapsing Cavity”, Ultrasonic Sonochemistry, 17,1,258-265, 2010.
7. Mishra S. K., Ray Chaudhuri S., Chakraborty S., Frantziskonis G., “Spectral Characterization of the Stochastically Simulated Vehicle Queue on Bridges”, Engineering with Computer, 25, 4, 367-378, 2009.
6. Mishra S. K., Mishra S. R. ‘‘Wavelet-Based Identification of Dominant Scales of Self-Affine Road Roughness in Context of Riding Comfort in Vehicles’’, Journal of Geotechnics and Geologoical Engineering, an International Journal, 27, 4, 473-484, 2008.
5. Mishra S. K., Muralidharan K., Deymier, P. A., Frantziskonis G., Simunovic S., Pannala S. ‘‘Wavelet Based Spatial Scaling of Coupled Reaction Diffusion Fields”, International Journal for Multiscale Computational Engineering, 6, 4, 281-297, 2008.
4. Muralidharan, K., Mishra, S. K., Nukala, P., Simunovic, S., Deymier, P. A., Frantziskonis, G. “Dynamic Compound Wavelet Matrix Method for Multiphysics and Multiscale Problems”, Physical Review E,77, 026714, 2008.
3. Mishra S. K., Muralidharan K., Simunovic, S., Daw, C.S., Nukala, P., Fox, R. O., Deymier, P. A., Frantziskonis G. “Spatiotemporal Compound Wavelet Matrix Framework for Multiscale/Multiphysics Reactor Simulation: Case Study of a Heterogeneous Reaction/Diffusion System”, International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering, 6, A28, 2008.
2. Mishra, S. K., Muralidharan K., Deymier, P. A., Frantziskonis G., Simunovic S., Pannala S. (2008)‘‘Wavelet Based Spatial Scaling of Coupled Reaction Diffusion Fields’’, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Berlin, 5102. Computational Science-ICCS, 301-310, 2008.
1. Frantziskonis G., Mishra S. K, Pannala S., Simunovic S., Daw C. S., Nukala P., Fox R. O., Pierrie A. Deymier, ‘‘Wavelet-Based Spatiotemporal Multiscaling in Diffusion Problems with Chemically Reactive Boundary’’, International Journal for Multiscale Computational Engineering, 4,5-6, 755-770, 2006.
12. Saha A., Mishra S. K., (2017) Seismic Response Mitigation of Structure by Negative Stiffness Devices via Mid-story Weakening, International Conference on Vibration Problems (ICOVP), 29th November-2nd December, India Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India.
11. Pandey D. K., Mishra S. K., (2017) Vibration Control of Torsionally Coupled Buildings using Tuned Liquid Column Damper, International Conference on Vibration Problems (ICOVP), 29th November-2nd December, India Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India.
10. George, R. C., Posey, J., Gupta, A., Mukhopadhyay, S., & Mishra, S. K. (2017). Damage Detection in Railway Bridges Under Moving Train Load. In Model Validation and Uncertainty Quantification, Volume 3, 349-354. Springer, Cham.
9. Bhowmick S., Mishra S. K., (2016) Seismic Isolation Bearing using Ferrous Shape Memory Alloy (FNCATB) , Eight National Conference on MEMS, Smart Materials, Structures & Systems, 28-30th September.
8. Bhowmick S. and Mishra S. K. (2014) "An Improved Tuned Mass Damper (SMA-TMD) by Shape Memory Alloy Springs", Ninth Structural Engineering Convention, IIT Delhi, 22-24 December.
7. Mishra S. K., Gur S. (2013) Multi-objective Stochastic Structural Optimization (SSO) of Shape-Memory-Alloy assisted Pure-friction (SMA-PF) bearing for isolating building against Random Earthquakes, 20th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV 20) in Bangkok, Thailand, 7-11 July.
6. Mishra S. K. and Das S. (2012), "Constrained Optimization of the Shape-Memory-Alloy-Rubber Bearing under Stochastic Earthquakes", Fourth International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS) , IIT Hyderabad, 9-12 December.
5. Mishra S. K. and De A. (2012), "The Effects of reaction kinetics on transport processes modeled by the Lattice Boltzman Method", Fourth International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS) , IIT Hyderabad, 9-12 December.
4. Mishra S. K., Das S., (2012) “Stochastic response evaluation of connected buildings subjected to random earthquakes.”, International Symposium on Engineering under Uncertainty: Safety Assessment and Management, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpore, Howarh, India, 4-6 th January.
3. Mishra S. K., Chakraborty S. (2012) “Reliability based design optimization of base isolated structures under random earthquake considering parameter uncertainty,” Asia-Pacific Symposium on Structural Safety and Reliability, Singapore, May, doi:10.3850/978-981-07-2219-7_P309.
2.‘‘Wavelet based spatio-temporal multiscaling of stochastic reactive-convective-diffusive filed’’, S. K. Mishra, George N. Frantzisconis, 2007, January 3-7. International Conference on Civil Engineering in New Millennium, opportunities and Challenges. Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah, India.
1. S. K. Mishra, Krishna Muralidharan , Pierre Deymier , George Frantziskonis, Srdjan Simunovic and Sreekanth Pannala “Wavelet Based Spatial Scaling of Coupled Reaction Diffusion Fields’’International Conference of Multiscale Computational Engineering, Poland 2008.
7. Plenary speaker for a session in the conference Critical Infrastructural Sustainability in Hilly Region (CISHR) 2017, 21st December in National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand.
6. Chaired a Session on Shape Memory Alloy based Smart System in the Eight National Conference on MEMS, Smart Materials, Structures & Systems, 28-30th September, 2016 at IIT Kanpur.
5. Invited Speaker for a talk organized by Institute of Civil Engineers, UK (Kolkata Chapter) on 19-th December, 2014 at the Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata.
4. Keynote speaker in Structural Engineering Convention 2014, organized by the Indian Association for Structural Engineers (IASE) on 22nd-24th December, 2014 at IIT Delhi
3. Invited speaker for a workshop on "Nonlinearities in Structural Engineering and Mechanics: Concepts, Recent Developments and Applications (NSEM-2014)” during February 18-22, 2014 " at National Institute of Technology, Durgapur.
2. Invited Speaker for a seminar on "Latest Innovations and Challenges in Civil Engineering" on 6th September, 2014 at the Department of Civil Engineering, PSIT College of Engineering organized in association with the Institute of Engineers, Kanpur centre.
1. Invited Speaker for a seminar on "Advances in Structural Vibration Control" (under TEQIP) on 19-20 th August 2013 in Bengal Engineering College and Science University, Shibpur.
1. Riya Catherine George- Exploration of Damage Sensitive Features Based on Phase Space Distortion and Signal Energy
2. Manjur Alam - Static and Dynamic Instability in Nonlocal plates and Shells
3. Arijit Saha - Developments and Optimization of Negative Stiffness Devices
4. Dhirendra Kumar Pandey- Control of Torsionally Coupled and Parametric Vibrations
5. Amardeep - Micro-structurally informed Peri-dynamic Modeling of Fracture Behavior in Cement Paste
18. Minangshu Baidya (2017) Super-elastic damper for vibration control of pipeline networks
17. Arthur G. Lyngdo (2017) Bayesian model updating for structural Health Monitoring
16. Ankur Durga Prasad Kurmi (2016) Analysis of the Layered Quasi-crystalline Plates
15. Aakash Gupta (2016) Experimental Investigation on Phase Space Based Health Monitoring of Railway Bridges
14. Laukham Shyamsunder (2016) Performance Assessment of the Super-elastic Base Isolation isolating Torsionally Coupled Building
13. Amit Khosta (2016) Reliability based assessment of the imperfection sensitive cylindrical panel
12.Samruddhi Pable (2015) Phase Space Interrogation of Railway Bridges under moving train
11.Anita Bhatt (2015) Behavior of the elevated water tank under near fault pulse type motions
10.Sutanu Bhowmick (2015) Performance Assessment of the Superelastic Friction Base Isolator under Near-Fault Earthquakes
9.Bibhas Paul (2015) Chaotic Interrogation of Structures under seismic excitations
8. Abhinava Sharma (2014) Experimental study on Shape Memory Alloy Isolation Systems
7.Saket Kumar (2013) Performance Enhancement of Masonry Wall Fiber Reinforced Composite (Co-advising with Prof. Samit Ray Chaudhuri)
6.Sanjana Bhargava (2015) Structural health Monitoring through Phase Space Dissimilarity measure
5. Monica Chavva (2014) Performance Assessment of the Super-Elastic Buckling Restrained Brace
4. Mohd. M. Atif (2013) Shape Memory Alloy-Buckling Restrained Brace for Seismic Vibration Control
3.Abhishek Pathak (2012) Stochastic Finite Element Model Updating of Structures for Health Assessment
2. Manik Garg (2012) Static and Dynamic Stability of nano-sized Beams and Plates by Nonlocal Theories
1. Sumanta Das (2012) Constrained Stochastic Structural Optimization of Base Isolated Structures
1.“Performance Evaluation and Robust Design Optimization of Shape Memory Alloy Based Isolation System” funded by the Science and Engineering Research Council, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (Rs.17,64,000/) (SERC/ET-0028/2012), 2012-2015
2. "Super elastic friction damper for gas pipelines," funded by the Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Rs. 31,68,000 (GAIL/CE/2016086)
24. Monitoring of cracking in the RE wall on Lucknow-Agra Expressway (AFCON/CE/2017308)
23. Vetting of design and drawing of PSC Box Girder (VAMCON/CE/2017090)
22. Site Inspection and certification of structural soundness (UPAV/CE/2017089)
21. Vetting of structural design and drawing of underpass at IIT Jodhpur (MISC/CE/2017139)
20. Dynamic Analysis and Re-evaluation of a 176m high Doordarshan Tower in view of installation of new Antenas (MISC/CE/2017139)
19. Vetting of Designs and Drawing of 90m steel bridge on river Saryu at Pancheswar Champavat (PWD/CE/2017034)
18. Non destructive testing and evaluation of a number of PSC girder on Lucknow Agra expressway (L&TC/CE/2016276)
17.Design evaluation of proposed high rise building in villages Baidani, Bilpur, Kanpur (VAMCON/CE/2016232)
16.Vetting of Design and Drawing of proposed of residency at Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur (KDA/CE/2016221)
15.Vetting of Structural Design and Drawing of Barrack site in Allahabad High Court (VAMCON/CE/2016211)
14.Non-destructive Testing and Evaluation of a number of Post-tensioned girders on Lucknow-Agra expressway (L&T/CE/2016065)
13.Design checking of Greenpark Stadium dressing room at Kanpur (AUDIST/CE/2016055)
12.Proof checking for Bridge DPR of Baxana Bridge for MPRDA Bhopal (MPRDA/CE/2015155)
11.Site Inspection and Issuing of Structural Soundness certificates UP Avas Vikas (UPAV/CE/2017089)
10.Vetting and Design of PSC box girder (VAMCON/CE/2017090) VAM consulting
9.Design checking for design/drawing of Netraghad-Slan bridge in Uttrakhand (ASES/CE/2016025)
8.Design Vetting of Dhyanchand Stadium at Jhansi (UPRNN/CE/20100283) 2016
7.Site Visit of resolving non conformity reports at different structures (TATAAL/CE/2015328) 2016
6.Vetting of Structural design of Hotel Ramada at Varanasi (VAMCON/CE/2015398) 2016
5.Vetting of Structural Design and Drawing of the Bridge DPR of Ghatabillod to Baxana road of PIU Dhar (MPRDA/CE/2015155) 2015
4.Structural Design & Vetting of Hanger number 2 Amausi Airport Lucknow (UPJN/CE/2015104) 2015
3.Design of the Multistoried parking at Mall road, Kanpur (KDA/CE/2014347) 2015
2.Vetting of Design and Drawing of the Pawan Apartments at Allahabad (VAMCON/CE/2014317) 2015
1.Vetting of Design and Drawing of the Mandi Bhawan in Lucknow, Agricultural Development Corporation, Government of Utter Pradesh (UPMP/CE/20120267) 2014
6. Zonal Coordinator (North India) of the National Competition for the Civil/Structural Engineering Students for the Best Innovative Structural Steel Design by the Institute for Steel Development & Growth (INSDAG) for the Years of 2018 & 2019.
5. Serve as Instructor in imparting Training to RDSO officials on Finite Element Analysis, 22-27 November, 2010
4. Alternate committee member for the Cement and Concrete Sectional Committee, Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) (from 2011-present)
3. Organizing Committee Member, International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Sciences (ICCES' 15), Reno, Neveda, USA
2. Committee member for International Symposium on Engineering under Uncertainty: Safety Assessment and Management (ISEUSAM-2012), in Bengal Engineering College and Science University, Kolkata in January 2012
1. Instructor in QIP course on "Numerical and Experimental Modeling in Geotechnical Engineering", offered by the Department of Civil Engineering on February 04-09, 2013.
1. Faculty Advisor for the Society of Civil Engineers (2011-2012)
2.Placement Coordinator for the Department of Civil Engineering (2013-2014)
3.Member of Department Undergraduate Program Committee (2015-2017)
4. Convener of the Department Undergraduate Program Committee (2017-2018)
5. Associate Dean of Physical Infrastructure (ADPI) (2017-2020)
6. Member in the Institute Core Curriculum Committee (2017-2018)
7. Zonal Coordinator (North India) of the National Competition for the Civil/Structural Engineering Students for the Best Innovative Structural Steel Design by the Institute for Steel Development & Growth (INSDAG) for the Years of 2018 & 2019.
Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring
Journal of Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
Journal of Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing
Journal of Engineering Optimization
Journal of Smart Materials and Structures
Journal of Materials and Structures
Journal of Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences
Journal of Ocean Engineering
Journal for Multiscale Computational Engineering
Journal of Reliability Engineering and System Safety
Journal of Structure and Infrastructure Engineering
Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration
Journal of Vibration and Control
Journal of Sound and Vibration
International Journal of Fatigue
Journal of Colloid and Interface
Indian Society of Earthquake Technology (ISET)