Shakti S Gupta
- Linear/nonlinear vibrations of discrete and continuous systems
- Mechanics of nanomaterials and their continuum models: Molecualr mechanics and dynamics simulations, and nonlocal elasticity theories
1. Rotation induced geometrical stiffening of a tapered, pre-twisted blade, L. Hoskoti, S. S. Gupta, M. M. Sucheendran, 2022, AIAA Journal, Accepted.
2. Transient planar dynamics of cable-payload systems using geometrically exact beam theory, A. R. Dehadrai, I. Sharma, and S. S. Gupta, 2022, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Accepted.
3. Three-Dimensional Dynamics of Towed Underslung Systems Using Geometrically Exact Beam Theory, A. R. Dehadrai, I. Sharma, S. S. Gupta, 2021, AIAA Journal, Vol. 59, 1469-1482.
4. Nonlinear vibrations of polar-orthotropic thin circular plate subjected to circularly moving point loads, A. K. Rai and S. S. Gupta, 2021, Composite Structures, Vol. 256, 112953.
5. Nonlinear vibrations of a thin isotropic circular plate subjected to moving point loads, A. K. Rai and S. S. Gupta, 2020, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol. 235, 4900-4912.
6. Bending and free vibration analyses of functionally graded skew sandwich shell panels, S. Pandey, S. Pradyumna, and S. S. Gupta, 2020, Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, Vol. 23, 4135-4169.
7. Dynamics of variable length geometrically exact beams in three-dimensions, N. Singh, I. Sharma, and S. S. Gupta, 2020, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 191-192, 614-627.
8. Comparing quantum, molecular and continuum models for graphene at large deformations, A. Mokhalingam, R. Ghaffari, R. A. Sauer, and S. S. Gupta, 2020, Carbon, Vol. 159, 478-494.
9. Investigation of planer and helical bend losses in single- and few-mode optical fibers, A. V. Velamuri, K. Patel, I. Sharma, S. S. Gupta, S. Gaikwad, and P. K. Kumar, 2019, Journal of Light Wave Technology, Vol. 37, 3544-3556.
10. Dynamics and Stability of Variable-Length, Vertically-Traveling, Heavy Cables: Application to Tethered Aerostats, D. Mukherjee, I. Sharma, and S. S. Gupta, 2018, Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 56, 68-84.
11. Stability of vertically traveling, pre-tensioned, heavy cables, A. R. Dehadrai, I. Sharma, and S. S. Gupta, 2018, Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 13, 081003.
12. Vibroacoustics study of a point-constrained plate in a duct, S. Sapkale, M. M. Sucheendran, S. S. Gupta, and S. Kanade, 2018, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 420, 204-226.
13. Instabilities in carbon nanocone stacks, A. Raj, A. Mokhalingam, and S. S. Gupta, 2017, Carbon, Vol 127, 404-411.
14. Buckling of single-walled carbon nanotubes using two criteria, S. S. Gupta, P. Agrawal, and R. C. Batra, 2016, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 119, Art. No. 245106.
15. Localization of buckling modes in plates and laminates, S. Paik, S. S. Gupta and R. C. Batra, 2015, Composite Structures, Vol. 120, 79-89.
Click here for a lecture on Fundamentals of Vibration : TEQIP IIT Kanpur.
Click here for a lecture on Free and Forced Vibration Analysis : TEQIP IIT Kanpur.
List of publications on Google Scholar Page