CURRENT RESEARCH : I work in experimental plasma physics, focused ion beams, ion matter interactions, and physics of nanoscale systems (multidisciplinary, fundamental and applied).
RECENT RESEARCH TOPICS : Multicusp plasmas, Dipole plasma confinement, Momentum transfer by focused ion beams and sub micron structures, atomically heterogeneous systems, ac voltage driven nano-gaps. More details in laboratory page.
Sudeep Bhattacharjee, Compact plasma and focused ion beams , CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group), December 2013.
- "A method for transforming the wettability of a surface", Intellectual Property India( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 201711036788. ,
- "Design of emission tomographic measurement device for low pressure multicusp compact plasma application ", Intellectual Properties India ( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 2292/DEL/2015. ,
- "Measurement of submicron focused charged particle beams using a current flux grating : spider probe", IN-818196 [US patent having patent number 9733366 issued on 15 August 2017]( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- "Multielement focused ion beams (MEFIB) from intense, collimated microwave plasmas: concepts to genesis of a novel device", IN-1452/DEL/2013 [US patent having patent number 9576767 issued on 21 Feb 2017]( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- Member of the Editorial Board of Plasma Research Express(PREX) PREX (2018 - Present)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee, National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology (Plasma 2016, 2017)
- Member of the Program Committee, 1st Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics , September 18 - 23, 2017, ChengDu, China
- Member of the International Scientific Committee (ISC), International Conference on the phenomena of ionized gases (ICPIG), (2013 - 2017)
- Associate Editor, frontiers in PHYSICS , (Plasma Physics). (2014 - Present)
- "Charge dissipation and self focusing limit in high current density ion beam transport through a micro glass capillary", Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 52, 55205, (2018).
- "Wetting hysteresis of atomically heterogeneous systems created by low energy inert gas ion irradiation on metal surfaces: liquid thin film coverage in the receding mode and surface interaction energies ", Applied Surface Science, 470, 773, (2018).
- "Size-controlled growth of nanoparticles and clusters during pulsed laser ablation into an ambient wave induced plasma", Applied Surface Science, 462, 373, (2018).
- "A table top experiment to investigate production and properties of a plasma confined by a dipole magnet", Review of Scientific Instruments, 89, 23503, (2018).
- "Surface wettability of an atomically heterogeneous system and the resulting intermolecular forces", Europhysics Letters, 118, 68006, (2017).
- "Optical Emission Spectroscopy-Based Tomography for Compact Low-Pressure Microwave Plasma in a Multicusp", IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 45, 63503, (2017).
- "Characterization of microwave plasma in a multicusp using 2D emission based tomography: Bessel modes and wave absorption", Physics of Plasmas, 24, 063503 (11 pp), (2017).
- "Momentum transfer using variable gaseous plasma ion beams and creation of high aspect ratio microstructures", Journal of Applied Physics, 121, 123302 (9 pp), (2017).