CURRENT RESEARCH : I work in experimental plasma physics, focused ion beams, ion matter interactions, and physics of nanoscale systems (multidisciplinary, fundamental and applied).
RECENT RESEARCH TOPICS : Waves and instabilities in dipole plasmas; Dipole plasma confinement - diffusion, particle and energy balance; Cryo-plasmas - collisional cooling in a cryo-plasma, diffraction of cryo-plasma (ion) beams; Nonlinear demagnification in plasma-based charged particle optics, momentum transfer and creation of sub micron structures; Atomically heterogeneous systems - ion matter interactions and applications to modifying electrical, optical and surface properties; Atmospheric pressure microplasmas - fluctuations and strong field effects; Field emission and ac voltage driven nano-gaps; More details in laboratory page.
Sudeep Bhattacharjee, Compact plasma and focused ion beams , CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group), December 2013.
- "Multielement focused ion beams (MEFIB) from intense, collimated microwave plasmas: concepts to genesis of a novel device", US patent number 9576767 issued on 21 Feb 2017( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- "Measurement of submicron focused charged particle beams using a current flux grating : spider probe", US patent number 9733366, issued on 15 August 2017( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- "A method for transforming the wettability of a surface", Indian patent number 360984, issued on 12 March 2021( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- "An improved emission tomographic measurement system device and a method thereof", Indian patent number 386742, issued on 18 January 2022( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- "A compact table top plasma system in a dipole magnetic field for confinement of hot electrons : a unique device for plasma processing to simulating magnetospheres in the laboratory", Intellectual Property India( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 201911020452 (published in Official Journal No. 26/2020 dated 26-06-2020 of the Patent Office). ,
- Chairman, Basic Plasma Physics Program Committee, 6th Asia-Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics on-line e-Conference, Oct 9-14, 2022 (AAPPS-DPP2022) 2022
- Member, International Honorary Advisory Committee, Association of Asia-Pacific Physical Societies, Division of Plasma Physics AAPPS-DPP (2021 - present)
- Member, Editorial Board of Reviews of Modern Plasma Physics SPRINGER (2020 - present)
- Member, Editorial Board of Plasma Research Express (Institute of Physics (IOP)) PREX (2018 - Present)
- Associate Editor, frontiers in PHYSICS , (Plasma Physics). (2014 - Present)
- Member, International Organizing Committee (IOC), 4th Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics 26-31, October, 2020 (Division of Plasma Physics Association of Asia-Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS-DPP2020))
- Member, Scientific Program Committee (SPC), 4th Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics 26-31, October, 2020 (Division of Plasma Physics Association of Asia-Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS-DPP2020))
- Member, International Scientific Committee (ISC), International Conference on the phenomena of ionized gases (ICPIG), (2013 - 2017)
- Member, Program Committee, 1st Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics , September 18 - 23, 2017, ChengDu, China
- Member, National Advisory Committee, 33rd National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology, Delhi University, December 4 - 7, 2018 (Plasma 2018)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee, National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology,(Plasma 2016, 2017, 2019)
- "Time-domain simulation of charged particle diffraction by an electrostatically biased grating: Transmission tunability and shaping of the quantum point contact for protons", Journal of Applied Physics, 132, 034401, (2022).
- "Temperature guided behavioral transitions in confined helium: Gas-wall interaction effects on dynamics and transport in the cryogenic limit", Chemical Thermodynamics and Thermal Analysis, 7, 100073, (2022).
- "Physics of plasmas confined by a dipole magnet: insights from compact experiments driven at steady state", Reviews of Modern Plasma Physics (46 pages), 6, 16 (issue), (2022).
- "Optical, structural, and electrical properties of modified indium-tin-oxide (ITO) films on glass surface by low energy ion implantation", Applied Physics A, 128, 605, (2022).
- "Temperature anisotropy governed electrical conductivity tensor in a steady state dipole plasma : Spatially resolved experiments and modeling", Physics of Plasmas, 29, 062105, (2022).
- "Experimental realization of nonlinear demagnification in plasma-based charged particle optics", Plasma Research Express, 4, 025003, (2022).
- "Stability of Al and Ag metallic thin film mirrors in a space environment under the implantation of low energy helium ions", Optics Continuum, 1, 660, (2022).
- "Effect of magnetic field on optical emission from cold atmospheric pressure micro-plasma jet", Physics of Plasmas, 28, 123503, (2021).
- "Optical band gap tailoring of muscovite mica via monolayer modification by ultra-low energy ion beam sputtering", Physica B: Condensed Matter, 623, 413377, (2021).
- "Fluctuations of the plasma potential in atmospheric pressure micro-plasma jets [editors-pick]", AIP Advances, 11, 085128, (2021).
- "Optical Parameters of Atomically Heterogeneous Systems Created by Plasma Based Low Energy Ion Beams: Wavelength Dependence and Effective Medium Model", Frontiers in Physics, 9, 671137, (2021).
- "Microconical Structure Formation and Field Emission From Atomically Heterogeneous Surfaces Created by Microwave Plasma-Based Low-Energy Ion Beams", Frontiers in Physics, 9, 674928, (2021).
- "Characterizing spatially varying optical emissions in a steady-state dipole plasma: inversion based experiments and modeling", Physica Scripta , 96, 035605, (2021).