CURRENT RESEARCH : I work in experimental plasma physics, focused ion beams, ion matter interactions, and physics of nanoscale systems (multidisciplinary, fundamental and applied).
RECENT RESEARCH TOPICS : Waves and instabilities in dipole plasmas; Dipole plasma confinement - diffusion, particle and energy balance; Momentum transfer by variable gaseous plasma focused ion beams and sub micron structures; Atomically heterogeneous systems: ion matter interactions and applications to modifying electrical, optical and surface properties; Atmospheric pressure microplasmas, Multicusp plasmas, ac voltage driven nano-gaps. More details in laboratory page.
Sudeep Bhattacharjee, Compact plasma and focused ion beams , CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group), December 2013.
- "A compact table top plasma system in a dipole magnetic field for confinement of hot electrons : a unique device for plasma processing to simulating magnetospheres in the laboratory", Intellectual Property India( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 201911020452. ,
- "A method for transforming the wettability of a surface", Intellectual Property India( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 201711036788. ,
- "Design of emission tomographic measurement device for low pressure multicusp compact plasma application", Intellectual Properties India ( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 2292/DEL/2015. ,
- "Measurement of submicron focused charged particle beams using a current flux grating : spider probe", IN-818196 [US patent having patent number 9733366 issued on 15 August 2017]( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- "Multielement focused ion beams (MEFIB) from intense, collimated microwave plasmas: concepts to genesis of a novel device", IN-1452/DEL/2013 [US patent having patent number 9576767 issued on 21 Feb 2017]( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- Member of the Editorial Board of Plasma Research Express (Institute of Physics (IOP)) PREX (2018 - Present)
- Associate Editor, frontiers in PHYSICS , (Plasma Physics). (2014 - Present)
- Member of the International Scientific Committee (ISC), International Conference on the phenomena of ionized gases (ICPIG), (2013 - 2017)
- Member of the Program Committee, 1st Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics , September 18 - 23, 2017, ChengDu, China
- Member of the National Advisory Committee, 33rd National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology, Delhi University, December 4 - 7, 2018 (Plasma 2018)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee, National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology,(Plasma 2016, 2017, 2019)
- "Effect of plasma and beam parameters on focal dimensions in micrometer charged particle optics: enhanced nonlinear demagnification below the Debye length ", Physics of Plasmas , 26, 63103, (2019).
- "Charge dissipation and self focusing limit in high current density ion beam transport through a micro glass capillary", Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 52, 55205 (8 pp), (2019).
- "Wetting hysteresis of atomically heterogeneous systems created by low energy inert gas ion irradiation on metal surfaces: liquid thin film coverage in the receding mode and surface interaction energies ", Applied Surface Science, 470, 773 (10 pp), (2019).
- "Size-controlled growth of nanoparticles and clusters during pulsed laser ablation into an ambient wave induced plasma", Applied Surface Science, 462, 373 (5 pp), (2018).
- "A table top experiment to investigate production and properties of a plasma confined by a dipole magnet", Review of Scientific Instruments, 89, 23503 (6 pp), (2018).