Professor Ethirajan Rathakrishnan
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Phone: +91-512-2597847 (off.), +91-512-2598522 (res.)
Fax: +91-512-2590260, +91-512-2597561
International Review of Aerospace Engineering (IREASE)
International Review of Mechanical Engineering (IREME)
High Speed Aerodynamics Laboratory
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Uttar Pradesh, India, 208016
House No. 459, Type-4
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Uttar Pradesh, India, 208016
Bachelor of Science, Madras University - Mathematics (1973)
DMIT, Madras Institute of Technology - Aerodynamics, Propulsion and Aircraft Structure (1976)
Master of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras - Aerodynamics (1978)
PhD, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras - Gas Dynamics (1986)
Fluid Mechanics, Gas Dynamics, Applied Gas Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Experimental techniques in Fluid Mechanics
Professor Rathakrishnan has introduced and developed the following Graduate level courses at IIT Kanpur -
1. High Temperature Gas Dynamics
2. Molecular Gas Dynamics
3. Instrumentation, Measurements, and Experiments in Fluids
4. Applied Gas Dynamics
Gas Dynamics - experimental and theoretical investigation, Rarefied flows, Applied Gas Dynamics and High speed jets, Sudden expansion problems, Aeroacoustics, Active and passive control of jets and base flows
A fulfledged Jet Laboratory with facilities to carry out research on aerodynamic and aeroacoustic characteristics of jets has been established by Professor Rathakrishnan at IIT Kanpur. This is an unique facility in the country with a complete experimental setup for jet studies. The Acoustic test Chamber, which is an essential component of jet acoustic research, has been developed indigenously at IIT Kanpur by Professor Rathakrishnan. Many Doctoral, Masters and Bachelors degree students are working on jet flows in this laboratory.
Professor Rathakrishnan is the founder of High Speed Jet Laboratory at IIT Kanpur.
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and IIT Kanpur are the major sponsors for the research projects with Professor Rathakrishnan. The following projects are in progress/completed at the HSA lab in IIT Kanpur -
1. Multijet mixing and acoustic characteristics of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle(PSLV), for ISRO
Five jets with a core and four stapons for Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle has been studied experimentally. Aerodynamic mixing and aeroacoustic characteristics have been investigated. The stapons had an outward canting of 6 degrees with respect to the core jet axis. The acoustic investigations clearly brought out the ovarall acoustic load and its directional senstivity as a function of the nozzle pressure ratio, inter-nozzle spacing and number of surrounding jets and their configuration.
2. Acoustic Load on Geosynchronised Satellite Launch Vehicle(GSLV) during Lift-Off Condition, for ISRO
Complete software required for acquiring and processing the acoustic data was developed for the first time in India. A 1:100 scale model of GSLV with launch pad, simulating launch pedestal, jet deflector and umbilical tower were fabricated and tested in the HSA laboratory. A core jet of Mach 2.4 and four strapons of Mach 2.9 impinging on launch pad were tested for nozzle pressure ratios from 2 to 9. From this investigation, GSLV was found to be safe from acoustic load point of view.
3. Experimental Investigation of Isolator Performance, for DRDL
The Isolator Project is a module of the Hypersonic Research Vehicle (HRV) Project of Government of India. The project aims at identifying the geometry for a passage which will be placed between the Intake and combusiton chamber of the HRV. The passage termed as ``ISOLATOR'' is meant for isolating the instabilities due to the mixing and combustion at the combustion chamber from propagating upstream. To achive this goal, the siolator which receives a supersonic stream from the engine intake should house a shock train. The design should ensure the losses due to the shock train to be a minimum.
4. Studies on Isolator for Dual Mode Exit Conditions, for DRDL
An isolator configuration which can serve for an engine which can work as ram and scram jet is identified. The isolators performance resulting in high static pressure rise with low pressure loss is investigated. The lenght-to-height ratio which can result in the desired performance is investigated.
1. Invited Guest Scientist to International Centre for
Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, May-June 1986.
2. Visiting Professor to Clarkson University, New York, USA from June15 to Aug 15, 1996 to teach a course on Intermediate Fluid Mechanics in the Department of Mechanical Engg.
3. Invited as Consultant to investigate the Acoustic load on the Geo-Synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV), Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC), Trivandrum, March 1998.
4. Visiting Professor to Fluid Mechanics Research Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University, Tallahassee, USA from July16-25, 1998.
5. Visiting Professor to Hyperschall Technologie Gottingen, Germany, December 1, 1998 to November 30, 1999.
6. Best Teacher Award by Uttar Pradesh chapter of publishers on September 5, 2000.
7. Regional Editor (Asia Region) of International Journal of Visualization.
8. Excellence in Aerospace Education Award (Received from The President of India).
9. International Fellow Visiting Professor, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Japan, June-December 2006.
10. Journal of Visualization Award, September 18, 2007.
11. Visiting Professor, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Japan, Dec 2010-Dec 2011.
1. Delivered the Inaugural Address and
Keynote Lecture at the 100 Years of Aviation Celebrations, of Anna
University Aero. Dept. at Madras Institute of Technology Campus,
Chennai, Feb. 21-22, 2003.
2. Keynote Lecture at the Eighth Asian Symposium on Visualization in Chiangmai Thailand, May 23-27, 2005.
3. Keynote Lecture at the Workshop on GAS DYNAMICS and Its APPLICATIONS, Koneru Lakshmaih College of Engineering, Nagarjuna University, Andhrapradesh, India, November 7-8, 2005.
4. keynote Lecture on "Physics of Rathakrishnan Limit for Jet Control" at the 9th Asian Symposium on Visualization, Hong Kong, June 4-8, 2007.
5. Inaugurated the School of Mechanical Engineering and delivered Inaugural Address, Koneru Lakshmiah College of Engineering, Nagarjuna University, Andhrapradesh, India, September 10, 2007.
6. Resource Person for Short Term Course on GAS DYNAMICS for Engieering Faculty and Scientists, May 12-17, 2008, Tagore Engineering College, Chennai.
7. Keynote Lecutre on "Corrugated Tabs for Supersonic Jet Control" at 10th International Conference on Fluid Control, Measurements, and Visualization (FLUCOME 2009), August 17-21, 2009, Moscow, Russia.
8. Keynote Lecutre on "Innovative Tabs for Supersonic Jet Control" at ASV 11 Conference, June 2-5, 2011, Niigata, Japan.
9. Keynote Lecutre on "Corrugated Limiting Tab for Jet Mixing" ISUAAAT13, September 11-14, 2012, University of Tokyo, Japan.
10. Keynote Lecutre on "Triangular Tabs for Supersonic Jet Mixing Enhancement" The 2nd Symposium on Fluid-Structure-Sound Interactions and Control (FSSIC2013), Hong Kong (20-21 May 2013) and Macau (22-23 May 2013).
11. Keynote Lecutre on "Mixing Promoting Efficiency of three dfferent Tabs", The 12th International Symposium on Fluid Control, Measurement and Visualization, November18-23, 2013, Nara, Japan.
1. Gas Tables 3rd ed., Universities Press, Orient Longman Ltd, India, 2012.
2. Fluid Mechanics, An Introduction (Third Edition), PHI Learning, Delhi, India, 2012.
3. Gas Dynamics 6th ed., PHI Learning, Delhi, India, 2016.
Gas Dynamics has also been published in
Malay Language by the Technological University of Malaysia, 2002).
4. Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics (Second Edition), Prentice-Hall of India, 2005.
5. Instrumentation, Measurements and Experiments in Fluids, 2nd ed., Taylor and Francis, CRC Press, 2017.
6. Compressible Flows, Maruzen Co. Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, 2008.
7. Gas Dynamics Work Book 2nd ed, Praise Worthy Prize, Napoli, Italy, 2013.
8. Applied Gas Dynamics, John Wiley, NJ, 2010.
9. Elements of Heat Transfer, Taylor and Francis, CRC Press, 2012.
Elements of Heat Transfer has been translated to Chinese, 2013.
10. Theoretical Aerodynamics, John Wiley, NJ, 2013.
11. High Enthalpy Gas Dynamics, John Wiley, NJ, 2015.
1. E Rathakrishnan (ed), EXPERIMENTS IN FLUIDS: Lecture
Notes of ISTE Winter School, December, 1991.
2. E Rathakrishnan (ed), EXPERIMENTS IN FLUIDS: Proceedings of the National Symposium, December 1992.
3. E Rathakrishnan (ed) and N G R Iyengar (ed), RECENT ADVANCES IN EXPERIMENTAL MECHANICS: Proceedings of the National Symposium, March 2000.
4. E Rathakrishnan (ed) and A Krothapalli (ed), RECENT ADVANCES IN EXPERIMENTAL FLUID MECHANICS: Proceedings of International Symposium, December 2000.
5. E Rathakrishnan (ed) RECENT ADVANCES IN EXPERIMENTAL FLUID MECHANICS:Proceedings of the Second International Symposium, March 2008.
6. E Rathakrishnan (ed) and P Lovaraju (ed), Proceedings of 10th Asian Society for Visualization Conference, March 2010.
Krishna Kaviam, Santha Publishers, Chennai, 2014.
Nan Kanda Japan, Santha Publishers, Chennai, 2014.
Japanin Munnilai Ragasiam, Santha Publishers, Chennai, 2015.
Vallalaar Kapiam, Vanathi Puthippagam, Chennai, 2016.
Thirrupugaz Inbam, Vanathi Puthippagam, Chennai, 2016.
Tamilthai Kapiam, Vanathi Puthippagam, Chennai, 2017.
Kudubamum Kulaidai Valarppum, Vanathi Puthippagam, Chennai, 2017.
Anuj Bajpai and Ethirajan Rathakrishnan Control of a Supersonic Elliptical Jet, Page 1 of 17. © Royal Aeronautical Society 2017 doi: 10.1017/aer.2017.114, The Aeronautical Journal.
R. Kalimuthu, R.C. Mehta and E. Rathakrishnan Investigation of aerodynamic coefficients at Mach 6 over conical, hemispherical and flat-face spiked body, Page 1 of 22. Royal Aeronautical Society 2017 doi: 10.1017/aer.2017.100, The Aeronautical J ournal.
Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan Nozzle Aspect Ratio Effect on Supersonic Elliptic Jet Mixing, Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 139, October 2017, Vol. 139/ 101103-1 - 101103-17, DOI:10.1115/1.4036823.
Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan Control of Elliptic Supersonic Jet of Aspect Ratio 3, to appear in ASCE's Journal of Aerospace Engineering.
Anuj Bajpai and Ethirajan Rathakrishnan Corrugated Limiting Tab for Supersonic Jet Mixing, to appear in International Review of Aerospace Engineering.
Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan Elliptic Nozzle Aspect Ratio Effect on Controlled Jet Propagation, Fluid Dynamics Research, Vol. 29, No. 2, 2017, doi.org/10.1088/1873-7005/49/2/025510.
Maruthupandiyan and Ethirajan Rathakrishnan Supersonic Jet Control with Shifted Tabs, Proc IMechE Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 2016, DOI: 10.1177/0954410016679197.
Berrueta T and E Rathakrishnan Control of subsonic and sonic jets with limiting tabs, International Journal of Trubo and Jet Engines, Vol. 34, No. 1, 2017, pp. 103-113. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/tjj-2016-0037.
Anuj Bajpai and Ethirajan Rathakrishnan Tab Geometry Effect on Supersonic Elliptic Jet Control, International Journal of Trubo and Jet Engines, 2016, DOI 10.1515/tjj, 2016-0020.
Defromont Thomas and E Rathakrishnan Supersonic Jet Control with Air-Tabs, International Journal of Aerospace Engineering (I.RE.As.E), Vol. 9, No. 2, April 2016, pp. 37-42.
Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan Elliptic Jet Control with Triangular Tab, Proc IMechE Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, DOI: 10.1177/0954410016652921.
Shashank Khurana, Kojiro Suzuki and E Rathakrishnan Flow Field with Raynolds Number Variance Around a Spiked Body, Modern Physics Letters B, Vol. 30, No. 30, 2016, pp. 1650362-1-1650362-13 (2016), DOI: 10.1142/S0217984916503620.
Yasumasa Watanabe, Kojiro Suzuki and E. Rathakrishnan Aerodynamic Characteristics of Breathing Blunt Nose Configuration at Hypersonic Speeds, Proc IMechE Part G: J Aerospace Engineering 2017, Vol. 231(5) 840–858, DOI: 10.1177/0954410016643979.
Vinay Chauhan, Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan Aspect Ratio Effect on Elliptical Sonic Jet Mixing, The Aeronautical Journal, Vol. 120, pp. 1197-1214, 2016, DOI:10.1017/aer.2016.55.
T Srinivasarao, I Dakshina Murthy, P Lovaraju and Rathakrishnan E Effect of Inner Nozzle Lip Thickness on Co-flow Jet Characteristics, Int J Turbo Jet Eng 2017; 34(3): pp. 287-293, DOI 10.1515/tjj-2016-0004.
Naren Shankar R, Thanigaiarasu S and Rathakrishnan E Numerical Characterization of Lip Thickness on Subsonic and Correctly Expanded Sonic Co-flowing Jets, Trans. Japan Soc. Aero. Space Sci., Vol. 59, No. 3 (2016), pp. 134-141.
Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan Characteristics of Controlled Mach 2 Elliptic Jet, Journal of Propulsion and Power Vol. 32, No. 1, January-February 2016, DOI: 10.2514/1.B35877, pp. 121-133.
Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan, Characteristics of a Supersonic Elliptic Jet, The Aeronautical Journal, March 2016, Volume 120 No. 1225, pp. 495-519.
Arun Kumar, S.B. Verma and E. Rathakrishnan An Experimental Study of Subsonic and Sonic Jets Controlled by Air-Tabs, Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 31, No. 5, September-October 2015, pp. 1473-1481, DOI: 10.2514/1.B35675.
G. Chandra Bose, S. Thanigaiarasu, S. Elangovan and E. Rathakrishnan Experimental Investigation of Shape Transition Effects on Isolator Performance, Int. J. Turbo Jet-Engines, doi.org/10.1515/tjj-2015-0022.
Mrinal Kaushik and E. Rathakrishnan Corrugated Tabs for Supersonic Jet Mixing, International Review of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 6, November 2014, pp. 983-991.
Mrinal Kaushik and E. Rathakrishnan Tab Aspect Ratio Effect on Supersonic Jet Mixing, Int. J. Turbo Jet-Engines, Vol. 32, Issue 3 (Sep. 2015), DOI: 10.1515/tjj-2014-0032.
Vinay Chauhan, Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan Elliptic Jet Control with Cross-Wire, Proc IMechE Part G: J Aerospace Engineering 2015, Vol. 229(10), pp. 1868-1885, DOI: 10.1177/0954410014562011.
Amit Kumar and E. Rathakrishnan Experimental Investigation of Single Expansion Ramp Performance, Proc IMechE Part G: J Aerospace Engineering, 2015, Vol. 229(7), pp.1330-1335, DOI: 10.1177/0954410014550051.
C. Senthil Kumar, S. Elangovan and E. Rathakrishnan Wall Pressure Measurements in a Convergent-Divergent Nozzle with Varying Inlet Asymmetry, Int J Turbo Jet Eng 2016; 33(2): pp. 119-127, DOI: 10.1515/tjj-2015-0016
Vinay Chauhan, Aravindh Kumar S M and E. Rathakrishnan Mixing Characteristics of Underexpanded Elliptic Sonic Jets from Orifice and Nozzle, Journal of Propulsion and power, volume 31, issue 2, 2015, pp. 496-504, DOI/10.2514/1.B35451.
A. Surya Mitra, A. Manideep and E. Rathakrishnan Boundary Layer Effect on Jet Control Effectiveness, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 743 (2015), doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.743.537, pp 537-544.
S. Gopinath, M. Sundararaj, S. Elangovan and E. Rathakrishnan Mixing Characteristics of Elliptical and Rectangular Subsonic Jets with Swirling Co-flow, Int. J. Turbo Jet-Engines Vol. 32, No. 1, 2015; pp. 73-84.
Jatin Mitruka, Pranav Kumar Singh and E. Rathakrishnan Exit Geometry Effect on Jet Mixing, Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 598 (2014), doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.598.151, pp 151-155
T. Srinivasarao, P. Lovaraju, E. Rathakrishnan Characteristics of Underexpanded Co-flow Jets, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 575 (2014) pp. 507-511, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.575.507.
Arun Kumar and E. Rathakrishnan Corrugated Right-Angled Triangular Tabs for Supersonic Jet Control, Proc. IMechE Part G: J Aerospace Engineering, 2014, DOI: 10.1177/0954410014564611, pp. 1-19.
Arunkumar P and E. Rathakrishnan Triangular Tabs for Supersonic Jet Mixing Enhancement, The Aeronautical Journal, Vol. 118, No. 1209, November 2014, pp. 1-34.
Shouichiro Iio, Yusuke Katayama, Kaika Kimoto, Katsuya Hayashi, Shota Tsuchiya, Takuji Nakagawa and E. Rathakrishnan, Bluff Body Edge Effect on Pressure-Hill and Zone of Influence, International Review of Mechanical Engineering (I.RE. M. E), Vol. 8, No. 4, July 2014, pp. 662-666.
Senthil Kumar, S. Elangovan and E. Rathakrishnan, Numerical Analysis of Flow through a Contour Nozzle Kept in a Supersonic Stream, Int. J. Turbo Jet-Engines 2014; 31(3): 221-228, DOI 10.1515/tjj-2013-0047.
K. Vijayaraja, C. Senthilkumar, S. Elangovan and E. Rathakrishnan, Base Pressure Control with Annular Ribs, Int. J. Turbo Jet-Engines 2014; 31(2): 111-118, DOI 10.1515/tjj-2013-0037.
Shantanu Srivastava and E. Rathakrishnan Performance of Corrugated Limiting Tab in Presence of Sharp Corners, International Review of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 1 - 7, 2014.
Vinoth B.R and Rathakrishnan E Self-excitation of `small' plate impingement tones from flat plates with and without co-axial hole, Journal of Aerospace Engineering (ASCE), 27(4):04014014, July 2014, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)AS.1943-5525.0000308.
Arunkumar P and Rathakrishnan E Corrugated Triangular Tabs for Supersonic Jet Control, Proc IMechE Part G: J Aerospace Engineering 2014, Vol. 228(6), 831-845, DOI: 10.1177/0954410013480098.
Syed Ashfaq, S. A. Khan and E. Rathakrishnan Control of Base Pressure with Micro Jets for Area Ratio 2.4, International Review of Mechanical Engineering (I.RE.M.E), Vol. 8, No.1, pp. 1-10, 2014.
T. Srinivasarao, P. Lovaraju and E. Rathakrishnan Characteristics of Co-flow Jets from Orifices, DOI 10.1515/tjj-2013-0040, Int. J. Turbo Jet-Engines 2014; Vol. 31(2), pp. 141-148.
Rathakrishnan E Corrugated Tabs for Subsonic and Sonic Jet Control, J Aeronautics and Aerospace Eng 2013, Vol. 2, Issue 5, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2168-9792.1000120
R. Kalimuthu, R. C. Mehta and E. Rathakrishnan, Pressure measurements over a hemisphere-cylinder body attached with a forward facing spike, The Aeronautical Journal, Vol. 117, No. 1192, June 2013, pp. 639-646.
Mrinal Kaushik and Rathakrishnan E Corrugated Limiting Tab for Jet Mixing, DOI 10.1515/tjj-2013-0016 Int. J. Turbo Jet-Engines 2013; aop.
Asad Ahmed R, Thanigaiarasu S, Joshua Santhosh, Elangovan S, Rathakrishnan E Study of Slanted Perforated Jets, DOI 10.1515/tjj-2013-0015, Int. J. Turbo Jet-Engines 2013; aop.
Arunkumar P and Rathakrishnan E Corrugated Triangular Tabs for Supersonic Jet Control, Proc. IMechE Vol. Part G: J. Aerospace Engineering (2013), DOI: 10.1177/0954410013480098.
Arunkumar P and Rathakrishnan E Corrugated Truncated Triangular Tabs for Supersonic Jet Control, Journal of Fluids Engineering (ASME), SEPTEMBER 2013, Vol. 135 / 091104-1-11, DOI: 10.1115/1.4024204.
Arunkumar P and Rathakrishnan E Truncated Triangular Tabs for Supersonic Jet Control, Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 29, No. 1, January‚ÄìFebruary 2013, pp. 50--65, DOI: 10.2514/1.B34642.
Pradeep Arora, Anshul Khandelwal, and E Rathakrishnan, Studies on Tab Controls on Subsonic and Sonic Co-Flow Jets Paper Number: AIAA-2008-3509, 27th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics, San Antonio, Texas, 22-25 June 2009.
Kalimuthu R and Rathakrishnan E, Aerospike for Drag Reduction in Hypersonic Flow Paper Number: AIAA-2008-4047, 44th Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit Connecticut Convention Center Hartford, Connecticut, 20-23 July 2008
Lovraju P and Rathakrishnan E Control of Rectangular Jet with Cross-Wire AIAA-2007-5087, 43rd Joint Propulsion Conference, Ohio from 8-11, July 2007, Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanigaiarasu, Jayaprakash S, Elangovan S and Rathakrishnan E, Influence of Arc-tabs on Subsonic and Sonic Jets AIAA-2007-4279, 25th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, 25-28, June 2007, Miami, Florida.
Dhananjeya Rao, Swaminathan S and Rathakrishnan E, Interaction of supersonic jet across supersonic flow over a sharp cone AIAA-2007-4105, 25th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, 25-28, June 2007, Miami, Florida.
P Jeyajothiraj, Ramesh Babu and Rathakrishnan, Acoustic Characteristics of Impinging Multi Jets, AIAA-2006-, 42nd Joint Propulsion Conference, 9 - 12 Jul 2006, Sacramento, California.
Professor Rathakrishnan's doctoral students -
1. C. Manisankar - Shock Boundary Layer Interaction, In Progress.
2. K. Maruthupandiyan - Shifted Tab for Circular Jet Control, In Progress.
3. Akram - Perforrated Triangular Tab for Elliptic Jet Control, In Progress.
1. G H Moustafa - Experimental and numerical study of subsonic,
sonic and supersonic multiple jets (1993), Co-guide: Dr.T Sundararajan; Asst.
Professor, Manufia University, Cairo, Egypt.
2. K M Pande - Studies on flow through nozzles with sudden expansion (1994); Mechanical Engineering, Regional Engineering College, Silchar, India.
3. T J Ignatius - Studies on free and impinging jets (1995); Pratt. and Witney, Canada.
4. S Elangovan - Studies on passive-controlled sonic and underexpanded freejets (1997); Professor, Madras Institute of Technology, Madras, India.
5. Himanshu Agrawal - Construction of molecular dynamics like cellular automata models for simulation of compressible fluid dynamic systems (1998); Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai (Bombay), India.
6. K Srinivasan - Flow and noise characteristics of non-circular jets (1998); Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India.
7. Shashi Bhushan Verma - Mixing enhancement and noise reduction in circular and elliptic slot jets (1998); DLR, Gottingen, Germany.
8. Sher Afghan Khan - Studies on suddenly expanded sonic and supersonic jets with active control (2001); Principal, GDA Collge, Mangalore, India.
9. Siva Prasad - Special Material for High Impact Application (2004), Managing Director, Wespal.
10. K. L. Narayana - Rapid Protyping for Nozzles (2005), Head of Mech. Engg, KLCE, Vijayawada, Guntur University.
11. Shibu Clement - Tabs for Controlling Sonic and Supersonic Jets (2006), Assitant Professor, Mech. Engg. Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Goa.
12. G Balu - Experimental Investigation of Isolator Performance, Scientist F, DRDL, Hyderabad, India.
13. Thiagarajan - Response of a Supersonic Flying Vehicle to a Cross Flow, Scientist E, DRDL, Hyderabad, India.
14. P. Lovaraju - Shifted Corss-Wire for Jet Control, Professor, L.B.College of Engineering, Mylavaram, AP India.
15. V. N. Sukumar - Characteristics of Co-flow Jets, Professor, DVN College, Darwar, Karnataka, India.
16. G Dhanajayarao - Mulijet Mixing and Acoustics Characteristics, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), India.
17. P Jeyajothiraj - Acoustics Characteristics of Multijets, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), India.
18. R Kalimuthu - Spike for Drag Reduction in Hypsesonic Stream, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), India.
19. S. Thanigaiarasu - Passive Control for High Speed Jets, MIT Madras, Chennai.
20. C. Senthil Kumar - Experimental amd Numerical Studies on the Flow Characterisitcs of Slanted Entry C-D Nozzle in Supersonic Streams. MIT Madras, Chennai.
21. K. Viajayraja - Effect of Ribs on Suddenly Expanded Supersonic Flows. P.B. Engineering College, Chennai.
22. B.R. Vinoth - Aeroacoustics of Self-Exited Subsonic and Supersonic Jets. ISRO Space Institute.
23. Mrinal Kaushik - Effects of Tab on Supersonic Jet Control. IIT Kharagpur.
24. Kumaravel - Investigation of Acceleration Effects on Rocket Aerodynamics. VSSC, ISRO.
25. Arun Kumar P - Triangular Tabs for Supersonic-Jet Control. Amrita Univeristy, Coimatore.
26. T. Srivasarao - Co-Flow Jets, Guntur Engineering College, Guntur.
27. Shantanu Srivastava - Control of Supersonic Square Jet, PSIT College, Kanpur.
28. S. M. Arvind Kumar - Studies on Supersonic Elliptic Jet Control, SRM University.
29. Anuj Bajpai - Square Jet Control with Limiting Tab.