Peer Reviewed Publications:~ 150
Conference Presentations:Over 120
Peer-Reviewer of over 30 Journals
|Order Here at Wiley||Order Here at Cengage Learning||Available at Wiley|
|ADVANCED STRUCTURAL CERAMICS (Wiley)||THE SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING OF MATERIALS (Cengage)||BIOSURFACES: From the Perspective of Materials Scientist and Engineer (Wiley)|
RECENT 20 PUBLICATIONS : RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS (PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS)
1. A. Bhattacharjee, R . Hassan, A. Gupta, M. Verma, M,.P. Anand, P. Sengupta, M. Saravanan, I. Manna1, Kantesh Balani, “Effect of Zn and Co Doping on Antibacterial Efficacy and Cytocompatibility of Spark Plasma Sintered Hydroxyapatite” accepted in Journal of American Ceramic Society, Feb. 2020,
2. F. Alam, A. Kumar, V.R. Shukla, A. Nisar, and Kantesh Balani,“Multi-length Scale Wear Damage Mechanisms of Ultra-high Molecular Weight Polyethylene Nanocomposites”, Polymer Testing,Vol. 81 (2020), pp. 106210 (11pp).
3. A. Bhattacharjee, A. Gupta, P.A. Murugan, P. Sengupta, M. Verma, S. Matheshwaran, I. Manna, and Kantesh Balani, “Antibacterial and Magnetic Response of Site-Specific Cobalt Incorporated Hydroxyapatite”, Ceramics International,Vol. 46 (1) (2020) pp. 513-522.
4. A. Bhattacharjee, A. Gupta, P.A. Murugan, P. Sengupta, M. Verma, S. Matheshwaran, I. Manna, Kantesh Balani, “Site-Specific Antibacterial Efficacy and Cyto/Hemocompatibility of Zinc Substituted Hydroxyapatite” Ceramics International,Vol. 45 (9) (2019), pp. 12225-12233
5. A. Bhattacharjee, Y. Fang, T. Hooper, N. Kelly, D. Gupta, Kantesh Balani, I. Manna, T. Baikie, P. Bishop, T. White, J. Hanna, “Crystal Chemistry and Antibacterial Properties of Cuperiferous Hydroxyapatite” Materials,Vol. 12 (11) (2019), pp. 1814 (17pp).
6. A. Singh, D.S. Patel, Kantesh Balani, J, Ramkumar, “Single step laser surface texturing for enhancing contact angle and tribological properties”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology,Vol. 100 (5-8) (2019) pp 1253-1267.
High and Ultra-High Temperature Ceramics:
7. R. Hassan, R. Kundu Kantesh Balani“Oxidation Behaviour of Coarse- and Fine-SiC Reinforced ZrB2 at Re-entry and Atmospheric Partial Pressures of Oxygen”, Ceramic International , Vol. 46 (8), Part A, (2020), pp. 11056-11065. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmhm.2019.105041.
8. R. Hassan, S. Omar, Kantesh Balani“Solid solutioning in ZrB2 with HfB2: effect on densification and oxidation resistance”, International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials , Vol. 84 (2019) pp. 105041 (17 pp) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmhm.2019.105041.
9. S. Ariharan, B. Wangaskar, V. Xavier, T. Venkateswaran, Kantesh Balani,"Process Induced Alignment of CNT Decreases Longitudinal Thermal Conductivity of Al2O3 Based Porous Composites”,Ceramics International, Vol. 45 (2019), pp. 18951-18964
10. A. Nisar, Md. M. Khan, S. Bajpai, Kantesh Balani“Processing, Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of HfB2-ZrB2-SiC Composites: Effect of B4C and Carbon Nanotube Reinforcement”, International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials,Vol. 81, (2019) pp 111-118.
11. A. Nisar, Md. M. Khan, Kantesh Balani, “Enhanced thermo-mechanical damage tolerance of functionally graded ZrB2-20SiC ceramic reinforced with carbon nanotube”, Ceramics InternationalVol. 81, (2019) pp 111-118.
Coatings and Surface Engineering:
12. P. Tripathi, P.K. Katiyar, J. Ramkumar,Kantesh Balani, “Synergistic Role of Carbon Nanotube and Yttria Stabilised Zirconia Reinforcement on Wear and Corrosion Resistance of Cr-Based Nanocomposite Coatings” Surface & Coatings Technology,Vol. 385 (2020) pp. 125381 (12pp).
13. S. Awasthi, S.K. Pandey,Kantesh Balani,“Tuning the Magnetism and Tribological Behaviour of Electrodeposited Ni/Cu Bi-layer by Selective Reinforcement of Carbon Nanotubes” Journal of Alloys and Compounds,Vol. 818 (2020) pp. 153287 (11pp).
14. S. Awasthi, S.K. Pandey, C.P. Pandey, Kantesh Balani,“Progress in Electrophoretic Deposition of Nickel with Carbonaceous Allotropes: A Review” accepted in Advanced Materials Interfaces, Sep. 2019.
15. P. Tripathi, J. Ramkumar,Kantesh Balani, “Laser Peening Enhances Tribological Resistance of Electrodeposited Cr Coatings Reinforced with Yttria Stabilised Zirconia and Carbon Nanotubes” in Surface and Coatings Technology,, Vol. 378 (2019), pp. 124919 (11 pp).
16. S. Shervani, A. Gupta, S. Sivakumar, Kantesh Balani, A. Subramaniam,“Triggered Nanoexplosions of Pd Hollow Spheres", Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol.20 (3) (2020) pp. 1941-1945. .
17. A Gupta, S Shervani, P Rani, S Sivakumar, Kantesh Balani, A Subramaniam, “Hybrid Hollow Structures For Hydrogen Storage” Accepted in International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2019), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2019.03.273.
18. V. Shukla, Kantesh Balani, A. Subramaniam, S. Omar, “Phase Stability and Conductivity in the Pseudo Ternary System of xYb2O3-(12-x)Sc2O3-88ZrO2 (0 ≤ x ≤ 5)”, Solid State Ionics,Vol. 332 (2019), pp. 93-101. .
19. V. Shukla, Kantesh Balani, A. Subramaniam, S. Omar, “Effect of Thermal Ageing on the Phase Stability of 1Yb2O3- xSc2O3-(99-x)ZrO2 (x = 7, 8 mol.%)”, accepted in The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Aug. 2019.
20. Sudha, M. Saxena, Kantesh Balani, T. Maiti, “Structure and thermoelectric properties of calcium doped Sr2TiCoO6 double perovskites”, Accepted in Materials Science and Engineering B, May 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mseb.2019.04.025.
Mg-Li and Al-based Ultralight Materials
21. R. Maurya, D. Mittal, and Kantesh Balani, “Effect of Heat-treatment on Microstructure, Mechanical and Tribological Properties of Mg-Li-Al Based Alloy”, accepted in Journal of Materials Research and Technology, Feb. 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2020.02.101.
22. R. Maurya, A.R. Siddiqui, P.K. Katiyar, Kantesh Balani, “Mechanical, Tribological and Anti-corrosive Properties of Polyaniline/Graphene Coated Mg-9Li-7Al-1Sn and Mg-9Li-5Al-3Sn-1Zn Alloys” Materials Science and Technology, Vol. 35 (Issue 8), (2019) pp. 1767-1778.