CURRENT RESEARCH : I work in experimental plasma physics, focused ion beams, ion matter interactions, and physics of nanoscale systems (multidisciplinary, fundamental and applied).
RECENT RESEARCH TOPICS : Waves and instabilities in dipole plasmas; Dipole plasma confinement - diffusion, particle and energy balance; Diffraction of plasma (ion) beams in an optical crystal - coherent Kapitza-Dirac effect; Cryo-plasmas, collisional cooling in a cryo-plasma; Momentum transfer by variable gaseous plasma focused ion beams and sub micron structures; Atomically heterogeneous systems: ion matter interactions and applications to modifying electrical, optical and surface properties; Atmospheric pressure microplasmas; Field emission and ac voltage driven nano-gaps; More details in laboratory page.
Sudeep Bhattacharjee, Compact plasma and focused ion beams , CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group), December 2013.
- "A compact table top plasma system in a dipole magnetic field for confinement of hot electrons : a unique device for plasma processing to simulating magnetospheres in the laboratory", Intellectual Property India( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 201911020452 (published in Official Journal No. 26/2020 dated 26-06-2020 of the Patent Office). ,
- "A method for transforming the wettability of a surface", Intellectual Property India( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 201711036788 (filed on October 17, 2017). ,
- "Design of emission tomographic measurement device for low pressure multicusp compact plasma application", Intellectual Properties India( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) 2292/DEL/2015 (filed on July 28, 2015). ,
- "Measurement of submicron focused charged particle beams using a current flux grating : spider probe", US patent number 9733366, issued on 15 August 2017( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- "Multielement focused ion beams (MEFIB) from intense, collimated microwave plasmas: concepts to genesis of a novel device", US patent number 9576767 issued on 21 Feb 2017( through SIDBI center, IIT Kanpur) . ,
- Member of the Editorial Board of Reviews of Modern Plasma Physics SPRINGER (2020 - present)
- Member of the Editorial Board of Plasma Research Express (Institute of Physics (IOP)) PREX (2018 - Present)
- Associate Editor, frontiers in PHYSICS , (Plasma Physics). (2014 - Present)
- Member of the International Organizing Committee (IOC), 4th Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics 26-31, October, 2020 (Division of Plasma Physics Association of Asia-Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS-DPP2020))
- Member of the Scientific Program Committee (SPC), 4th Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics 26-31, October, 2020 (Division of Plasma Physics Association of Asia-Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS-DPP2020))
- Member of the International Scientific Committee (ISC), International Conference on the phenomena of ionized gases (ICPIG), (2013 - 2017)
- Member of the Program Committee, 1st Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Physics , September 18 - 23, 2017, ChengDu, China
- Member of the National Advisory Committee, 33rd National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology, Delhi University, December 4 - 7, 2018 (Plasma 2018)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee, National Symposium on Plasma Science and Technology,(Plasma 2016, 2017, 2019)
- "Variable gaseous ion beams from plasmas driven by electromagnetic waves for nano-micro structuring : a tutorial and an overview of recent works and future prospects", Plasma Research Express , 2, 033001, (2020).
- "Tuning optical properties of atomically heterogeneous systems created by plasma-based low-energy ion beams", Applied Optics , 59, 4507, (2020).
- "Characteristics of atmospheric pressure micro-plasma jets in two different modes of excitation depending upon wave amplitude and frequency", Plasma Research Express, 2, 025007, (2020).
- "Steady state densities in a plasma confined by a dipole magnet : Diffusion induced transport explored through direct measurements and modeling ", AIP Advances, 10, 045328, (2020).