Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Dr. Saikat Chakrabarti, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur, UP 208016, India
Power system dynamics and stability.
Application of synchronized measurement technology to power systems.
Power system state estimation.
1. Consultancy project: Investigating the failure of towers on 400 kV Parichha-Orai-Mainpuri line of UPPTCL. Funding agency: Uttar Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited. Role: PI. Funding: INR 5,61,800.
2. Sponsored project: Development of R&D platform for smart city projects in the Indian context. Funding agency: the Ministry of Power (MoP), India and IIT Kanpur. Project duration: Dec. 2014 to Dec. 2016. Role: PI. Funding: INR 12,50,00,000.
3. Sponsored project: Advanced communication and control for the prevention of blackouts. Funding agency: the Department of Science and Technology (DST), India and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), UK. Project duration: Nov. 2014 to Nov. 2017. Role: PI from IIT Kanpur side in the Indian consortium. Funding: INR 1,36,25,000.
4. Sponsored project: Use of synchrophasors in power system load modelling and state estimation. Funding agency: Central Power Research Institute, under Research Scheme on Power (RSOP). Project duration: 2014 to 2016 (two years). Role: PI. Funding: INR 43,20,000.
5. Sponsored project: Stabilize Energy. Funding agency: the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and European Union, under FP7 INDIGO call. Project duration: 2014 to 2017 (three years). Role: PI from IIT Kanpur side in the Indian consortium. Funding: INR 29,93,600.