Welcome to Opto-Spintronics Laboratory (OSL)!
OSL welcomes Aman and Jyoti who have joined the group as PhD students. 25 July 2023
Rishabh has been awarded the prestigious CHANAKYA Fellowship to lead his research on "Magnon induced superconductivity". Read more about it here 25 April 2023
Rohit and Tahir will be visiting Kyushu Institute of technology, Japan from 4th to 14th Feb for SAKURA Science. 3 Feb 2023
OSL successfully orgnized DST-STUTI programme at IIT Kanpur. Read more about it here 24 Jan 2023
OSL welcomes Amrendra and Mohit who have joined the group as PhD students. 2 Jan 2023
OSL welcomes Dr. Rejaul Karim who has joined the group as a Post-doc fellow. 28 Nov 2023
Our group's research focuses on the design and fabrication of spin devices and their spin transport measurement. Our main research focuses are:
- Micro and nano spin device fabrication
- High-speed dynamics in spin devices
- Spin transport in ferromagnet/heavy metal interfaces
- Spin to charge and charge to spin interconversion
- Femtomagnetism and ultrafast spintronics
- In-situ and operando electron nanoscopy
- Magnonics and Neuromorphic computing
We are part of the department of physics at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur). Undergraduate and postgraduate students who are interested in doing research in the field of spintronics may contact Rohit.