Welcome to the Energy Materials, Characterization, and Device Engineering Group page in the Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering at IIT Kanpur.
Our focus is on engineering materials and interfaces for:
- Energy Storage (primarily solid-state batteries),
- Multi-layer spectrally-selective thin film coatings, and
- Building-integrated photovoltaics.
Through advanced ex-situ, in-situ and operando characterization techniques, we also try to understand microstructural, chemical, and electrochemical evolution in the bulk and at interfaces.
- Aug 2009 - Aug 2014 M.S., Ph.D. Materials Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA.
- Aug 2005 - Jul 2009 B.Tech. Engineering Physics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) - Madras, Chennai India.
A materials scientist with 10+ years of combined academic and industry research experience in thin film coatings, transparent conductors, and battery materials for applications ranging from architectural glazings, automotive windshields, to optoelectronic devices and solid-state batteries. I am passionate about synergizing complementary advances in renewable energy generation and energy storage solutions for a sustainable energy future