Department of Earth Sciences;
Office-211, Old SAC, IIT Kanpur
Office Ph.-+91 512 679 6909
My CV | Get me at Google Scholar
|Welcome to my profile !|
I am a controlled source
seismologist by practice. In my research, I use land and marine
exploration geophysical datasets acquired either by industries or
academic institutions for modeling and imaging of subsurface fossil-fuel reservoir to crustal scale structural features.
my PhD at IPG Paris, I
have used the Western Geco (a service provider company) acquired marine
geophysical datasets to image shallow structural details below the
northern Sumatra subduction system. In my postdoctoral reserach at
Uppsala University, I have used a hydrocarbon industry derived seismic
understand frequency dependent poroelastic response of hydrocarbon
reservoirs. Besides the geophysical data processing, I have keen
interest in developing algorithms for state-of-the-art processing of
To learn more about my work please feel free to contact me.
- The 450 kg hammer source has arrived at IIT Kanpur for the controlled source land seismic survey.
- Landmark (Promax) and Kingdom sorfwares are installed now!
- I have presented our work on gas hydrates and poroelasticity in the ONGC & PAN-IIT consorstium on 'Energy Resources-Advances in Technology and future outlook' held between 24th and 25th November, 2018.
- Ms. Anshita Nayak presented a poster titled as 'Tectonics and hazards assessment in the Andaman region of North-Eastern Indian Ocean' in SCOR-InterRidge workshop held in NIO Goa between 14th and 16th November, 2018.
- Mr. Aakash Gupta received 'Excellence Award for innovative approach'
from Schlumbeger for his presentation on 'Identification of a
deep-seated acquifer below IIT Kanpur campus using ambient noise
tomography'. Many congratulations!
- Mr. Animesh Pant and Mr. Shashank Verma secured second
position in the case study competetion on 'Petrophysical
Characterization of a Reservoir' held in the Schlumberger day. Many congratulations!
- We have celebrated the Schlumberger day on 3rd-4th October, 2018!
- We have carried out the reconneisence survey across central seismic gap near Ramnagar.
- Harshad (PhD), Anshika
(PhD), Shashank (PhD), Aakash (RA), Saptaparnee (RA),
Vikas (RA), Vaibhab (MTech), Animesh (MTech), Rahul (LA) and Randheer (LA) have joined the group.
Welcome to seismology !
- We have carried out a land seismic field work in inside campus in May, 2017.
- We have carried out a land seismic field work at the Central gap Himalaya -India Nepal Border from 17-18 July, 2017.
- PhD/Project associate positions are opened on controlled source seismology.
- CGG Veritus has donated us Hampson-Russel Software (HRS) in March, 2017.
- We have purchased Remotely Acquisition UNITEs (RAUs) from Sercel in February, 2017.
- We have purchased FOCUS 15.5 software for seismic data processing from Paradigm in February 2017.
- Dr. Subbarao Yelisetti from University of Texas A&M Kingsville visited our department for a week and delivered a talk on 'Dual-vegence structure from multiple migration of widely spaced OBSs' on 9th August, 2016.
- I have participated in a marine geophysical expedition MIRAGE
over Wharton basin between 1st and 30th July, 2016 and organised an
international summer school onboard. You can follow the details about
the school here.
- We have purchased 9 high end workstations (Z840, Z640) for geophysical data processing in June, 2016.