• Elected Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India (2017)
• Jagdeo N. Gupta and Smt Murti Gupta Chair Professor, IIT Kanpur (2017-2020)
• Bronze Medal from Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI)- 2014.
• Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced Researcher in 2012.
• P. K. Kelkar Young Faculty Research Fellowship (2009-2012).
Anorganisch-Chemisches Institut Heidelberg University, Germany Dec. 2012 - July 2013.
May 2009 - May 2014.
Dec. 2004 - April 2009.
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Davis, USA (2001-2004).
(1999) (with Prof. Animesh Chakravorty)
• M.Sc.: Calcutta University (1994)
Membership in Professional Society:
• Life member, Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI)
• Member, Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry (SBIC)
• Member, American Chemical Society (ACS)
• Member, Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (SPP)
• Life member, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS)