- Development of reconstruction schemes for fluorescence diffuse optical tomography for early cancer detection.
- Development of stochastic shape based reconstruction algorithms.
- Development of modified FEM based numerical solutions for subsurface electromagnetic propagation.
- Iterative level set based explicit (spline) and implicit(radial basis function) representation reconstruction schemes in subsurface electromagnetic shape-tomography.
- Hessian based post-reconstruction local convergence analysis of Tikhonov regularized Gauss-Newton approaches to nonlinear tomographic reconstruction problems.
Areas of Experience
- Subsurface imaging (Ground penetrating radar), refraction and diffraction optical tomography, magnetic resonance elastography, diffuse optical tomography.
- Application of numerical linear algebra based analysis methods to characterization of solutions of nonlinear regularization formulations occurring in ill-posed inverse problems.
- Radial basis function approximations.
- Application of Kalman filtering based approaches to reconstruction problems in nonlinear tomography.
- Electromagnetic wave propagation through inhomogeneous media including numerical solutions of electromagnetic scattering problems.
- (pdf) Naren Naik, R. M. Vasu, and M. R. Ananthasayanam "Single-resolution and multiresolution extended-Kalman-filter-based reconstruction approaches to optical refraction tomography", Applied Optics, 49(6), 20 February 2010.
- (pdf)Naren Naik, Rick Beatson, Jerry Eriksson and Elijah van Houten, "An implicit radial basis function based reconstruction approach to electromagnetic shape-tomography", Inverse Problems, 25(2):025004, February 2009.
- (pdf)Naren Naik, Jerry Eriksson, Pieter de Groen and Hichem Sahli,"A nonlinear iterative reconstruction and analysis approach to shape-based approximate electromagnetic tomography", IEEE Trans. Geosc. and Rem. Sens., 46(5):1558-1574, May 2008.
- Naren Naik and Jerry Eriksson,"A Hessian based reconstruction analysis of a Tikhonov regularized Gauss-Newton approach to subsurface electromagnetic tomography", Submitted.
- (pdf)Naren Naik, "Studies on the development of models and reconstruction algorithms for optical tomography, Ph.D. thesis, Department of Instrumentation, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2000
- Naren Naik, A.Selvarajan, R.M Vasu ,"A new perturbation solution to the scalar wave equation", Journal of the Indian Institute of Science, pp 213-221, Special Issue on Optoelectronics, Vol-76, No.2, March-April 1996.
- Naren Naik, Jerry Eriksson and Hichem Sahli, "An analysis of a Tikhonov regularized Gauss-Newton reconstruction approach to GPR tomography", pp 67-70, Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar, Delft, The Netherlands, 21-24 June, 2004
- Edgard Nyssen, Naren Naik, and Bart Truyen,"Piecewise multilinear PDF modelling, using an ML approach", pp 752-760, Structural, Syntactic, and Statistical Pattern Recognition, Eds., Terry Caelli etal., Proceedings of the Joint IAPR International Workshops SSPR 2002 and SPR 2002, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, August 6-9, 2002, Springer Verlag 2002.
- Naren Naik and R.M Vasu ,"A wavelet based multiresolution extended Kalman filter approach to the reconstruction problem of curved ray optical tomography", pp 156-165, High-Speed Imaging and Sequence Analysis, Eds. Alan M. Frank, James SWalton, Proc. of SPIE Vol. 3642, 1999
- Naren Naik, T.Srinivas, and R.M Vasu , "Application of a perturbation solution to the scalar wave equation to the analysis of longitudinally varying optical waveguides", pp 513-516, Vol.2, Proceedings of the International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics, New Delhi, India, Dec 14-18, 1998.
- Naren Naik and R.M Vasu ,"An extended Kalman filter based reconstruction approach to curved ray optical tomography", pp 860-864, Vol.2, Proceedings of the International Conference on Optics and Optoelectronics, Dehradun, India, Dec 9-12, 1998
- Naren Naik "Level-set based explicit and implicit reconstruction approaches to electromagnetic shape tomography", Special session on advances in model based inversion, 2011 IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and 2011 USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting (AP-S/URSI 2011), July 3-8 2011, Spokane, Washington, USA.
- Naren Naik and Jerry Eriksson, "A Hessian based numerical convergence analysis of a dual-grid Tikhonov regularized Gauss-Newton reconstruction approach to electromagnetic tomography", PIERS 2011, Mar 23-28, Marrakesh, Morocco. (PIERS: Progress in Electromagnetics Research)
- Naren Naik, Rick Beatson, Jerry Eriksson and Elijah van Houten, "An implicit radial basis function based reconstruction approach to electromagnetic shape-tomography" , pp 132-133, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Inverse Problems: Modelling and Simulation(IPMS), May 26-30, 2008, Fethiye-TURKEY.
- M.D.J. McGarry, N. Naik, E.E.W. van Houten, "Reconstructing spatially varying Rayleigh damping parameters in full-field elastography using the adjoint residual", pp 54, Sixth International Conference on the Ultrasonic Measurement and Imaging of Tissue Elasticity, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, November 2-5, 2007.